Fujifilm FinePix 2600 Zoom

Announced Aug 23, 2001 •

I try so many 2.0 Mega Pixels Digital Camera like Canon S200, Pentax Optio 230, Panasonic DMC-LC20, FujiFilm 2600Z, Canon A20, FujiFlim 6800z, Sony P30 The FujiFlim 2600Z is the best once...on the Image Quality very clear and sharp, fast Focus in this Class Digital Camera, Large LCD, good battery life Problems: Less Features in 2.0 Mega Pixels class

I just got the camera and I love it! I can't believe how easy it is to use right out of the box. My 9 year old son was able to take great shots with no prior experiance. The image quility is great. I am very happy with my purchase. Problems: The only things I noticed is the battery cover is easy to pop open by mistake. It would be nice if they had put a lck switch on it. The other is the case is very smooth and thus it is slippery. You have to be carful when handling it so you don't drop it.

ta

This camera has been discontinued by Fuji making way for a cheaper version, the Fuji 2650. What a mistake by Fuji. The 2650 is not the 2600. I have had this camera now for almost 1 year. It takes excellent pictures. It is a great outdoor camera to take along with you anywhere you go. Indoors is another story, auto-focus does not work unless you have plenty of light. If you are taking photos of people, have them stand next to a bright light source, focus on the light source, hold button ...

Takes nice pictures. The battery lasts pretty long. Lens cover a good idea. The macro takes beautiful closeups. Problems: Couldn't get my Windows ME to recognize the camera and its driver.

The rason I bought this camera was because I had a prior Fuji, a 1400z, and like the ease of use, plus I already had accessories for the camera. The thing I like about the 2600z is for the money you pay, I paid 217 at www.dbuys.com you get alot of features. The movie mode comes out decent although I wish it had sound and the pictures come out very good. My only gripe is with the lcd, it doens't give a good reprensentation of what the pics will actually come out like. I was using macro ...

very easy to use. good for fun stuff not keening it with lots of nerdy settings. Problems: a bit to fat to put it in your pocket

Fantastic camera! Great pictures - never opened the manual for usage yet. Works well with WIN98E which I use on one of my boxes. And heh heh, the price - whoa! If you need detailed precision shots for less, this is a great contender. Beware that these do not seem to take pictures in the dark.

I have just bought one of these EXCELLENT little gems. The picture quality is EXCELLENT. This is my first digi camaera, and it serves me so well, it will probably be my last. The manual controls are such that a beginner can be up and running in a very short time after opening the box. Hats off to the Fuji people. The software works great with Win 98 SE. It all adds up to one great little package. Problems: The only problem with this gem is the weak flash. If made better, the camera would rank ...

Problems: I have had nothing but problems with my camera and finally it went bad on me after only 3 weeks. I ended up returning it.

After reading about this camera in these forums and in other reviews, it wasn't hard to figure out that this will be my first digital camera. So many features packed into the camera like zoom, 16mb card, auto feature, AF/AE capability, charger w/batteries...it's a very good value for the money. I've already read the instructions but for the first few days i just used it, and the controls are intuitive enough for a beginner. There are enough advanced features for those who like to fine tune ...