Fujifilm FinePix 2300

Announced Feb 1, 2001 •

great value for money, nice and light weight for taking anywhere you go as you can slip it into your pocket, the picture quality is the best ive ever worked with. Problems: none

I bought this camera for $439 Canadian dollars before tax at Black's Photography. They gave me a host of extended warranies and price protection -- which is good. Now about the camera.. I took it home and snapped a few shots. It's a good thing you can manually control flash if desired since the auto flash will go off even if you're taking a photo of a lightbulb. But that being said, a quick comparison against the Ricoh RDC-6000 and the Olympus 460Z leads me to believe this is the best value ...

Larry G

Problems: watch out for that corner mounted Macro switch. It is so easy to accidently knock on, and will ruin all your 'normal' shots... Solve by taping over while out on a shoot.

One word about this camera - AWESOME! I spent about 4 weeks studying before I made this purchase. I was almost set on the Kodak DC3400 until I stumbled onto the FP-2300. The out of the box experience was totally cool! Everything is so intuitive. Install the batteries, thumb throught the users guide (which is online at Fuji's site) and I was taking pictures of the wife and dog in about 5 minutes. That's only half of the story. Take the CD out and it loads up in about 2 minutes + a ...

Best value money can buy! 2.1 mega pixels for around £300!!! You wouldn't get it anywhere else. I use Fujifilm products all the time and this camera has just confirmed my faith in them! Problems: None whatsoever

This is a beauty, with a wicked 1600 x 1200 pixel image size (with a Fine, Normal or Basic setting). I liked the build and the silver finish too. There's a cool multi-shot feature, so you can pan action and grab the best shot later. Plus the LCD panel on the back is nice and clear with sensible menus. File size remains low due to superb compression, and the USB connection means your pictures are downloaded to your computer in no time - blink and you'll miss them! It really is that fast. Problems:

After having many Fuji digital cameras in the past (DX-10, MX1500,MX1200) I thought I would try a camera with a U.S.B. facility.What a difference! No more waiting ages to download!This camera has an amazing Battery life. I have taken a complete set of Wedding pictures (Registery Office & Reception)with one set of NIMH batteries.this was 3 x 8meg cards full. The image quality (believe it or not) was better than the professional photographer's,especially of the cake ,you could see every ...