Fujifilm FinePix 1300

Announced Sep 6, 2000 •

The main reason I bought this camera is because I was getting tired of spending lots of money on developing film and prints. I will admit, my skill of photography when I bought this camera was limited to a series of point & shoot 35mm cameras I had owned over the years. Digital seemed to be the answer to this dilemma. The second reason I bought this camera? It was on sale. I had conducted no research into digital cameras, so I can honestly say it was an impulse buy, and I am very pleased with ...

I bought this camera as my first using it in my work off art, doing homepage and so on... Even my 22 years old daugther uses this one... Today we have develop photograf's on paper and the result off these was ok... like a simpel pocket cam.. i do have a Nicon 301 reflex camera, not that we can compare these two cameras.. But as the first digi cam it's a good cam with value for the money. have had this one for about a year.... Problems: one have to reset the cam, when it wount read smart media ...

This is a great first-user camera! I know it has been discontinued by Fujifilm, but I've used it a great deal over the past 2 years and it works like a charm. Construction gets a 5.0 Excellent because I left it on the roof of my car and drove off. It crashed to the pavement when I drove away, but it continues to function perfectly! Problems: It has always had a little annoying problem sometimes of not wanting to stay "on" when you first turn it on.

This is the first digital ive owned,and ive made some really nice pics with this little beauty....have no doubt..the price is right,the quality is exellent,its as easy to use as a store bought throwaway film camera....buy one and wielcome to digital!! Problems: I dropped mine 6 ft to the pavement and other than it bouncing and spitting out its batteries...it fired right back up like nothing happened...whew!!

A Simple and easy of use camera when you start in the world of digital imaging. I've bought a S602 and use the old 1300 as backup camera Problems: Batteries run low very soon and transferring images to pc takes a while (depending on the size of the images)

Costan B.

Easy to use, compact, and relatively easy to cary. I own it for more than one year and a half, shooting close to 5000 photos. It takes good pictures in any conditions, even in low light using the timer, without flash, on ferm support. It needs its own protective case, because there is no built-in protection for display and lens. Ready to shoot in a few seconds, due to flash charging time and display activation time. It should be handled with care when grabbing it in a hurry from a tight, ...

kram

Bought mine last year..for around $200. The image quality is not very good, there's not optical zoom (2x digital zoom is useless, and is available only in 640x480), and the camera is quite slow turning on, and between shots. It might be fine for a very casual beginner, but if you get hooked on digital like I did, you'd wish you would have spent more $$ on a better camera. Problems: Lens is completely exposed, and gets smudged too easily.

I use this camera for work in magazine illustration and I bought this camera six months ago, I found it to be reliable and well worth the money. It has all the features you will need for the keen amateur photographer. its a little heavy on the battries, but if you use a good quality rechargeable type there is more than enough power to fill an 8 megabite card(in normal mode). A few people seem to have problems with the USB connection and Windows M.E. but I run M.E. with no problems at all, ...

Nouvelle

An excellent introduction to digital cameras. After nearly a year, I have learnt a lot, but I have 'outgrown' this model. V. easy to use, point and shoot, fun e-mail shots, good to print at 6x4 inches. Fun introductory camera Images with this camera: http://www.pbase.com/nouvelle Problems: No movie facility. Better cameras available for money now. Not good to print shots bigger than 7x5 inches.

This is my first didgital camera, and WOW!!!! A must for it's easy of use, and great pictures. Problems: None what so ever, and I use Windows ME