Fujifilm FinePix 50i

Announced May 29, 2001 •
Daniel Lin

This camera is good in quality of picture which is enough for home application. and good Mp3 is ok for playing in walking, Problems: Problem it has to be charged by cradle and I have problem of the battery, and now the Camera could not shut off and I have changed two battery but it seems this problem still did not settled. Maybe someone can give me any suggestion how to let it shut off. Thank you very much!

I had bought one in Hong Kong and it cost only around US$309. Since I had a Canon G1 already, so on my words, if you really care about the photo quality, go for some semi-pro machine. For this 50i, you can carry it daily for music and snap shot for fun. So beside my mobile phone, this is the number 2 item that I put it in my backpack everyday! Problems: Battery life too short.

just bought a 50i from hong kong and can't seem to change the language to english. Other than this it's quite beautiful. If anybody knows how to remedy this please e-mail me azzarati@yahoo.uk.co

I was very happy with the 40i, but the 50i is really a dream: Small size - many functions. Such as: Webcam-functionality, better mp3-player, audio-recording in good quality (up to many hours). The only problem I recognized is the video-function... Problems: Me and a friend bought one last week and I was disappointed about the video-function: When I make a video the audio goes out of sync. I read all reviews and it seems like no one else got this problem. If yes and you got already a solution ...

Song, where did you buy it only S$863, please mail to me, thnx. raymond@servicom.com.sg

Bought it at SGD$863 inclusive of a 128mb SM. Function is alright but i dun like the idea of fuji super CCD.

good camera but i think it could do with usb port on the camera itself so that you dont have to take the mains cradle with you . part from that i think it is a smart little camera. Problems: not yet

Problems: i am currently living in japan and the sales stuff here is saying that the camera is just available in japanese. is that true?

The image quality is good in most cases but the image noise may be much higher than you may expected especially in indoor situation. The MP3 quality is good but not the best. HOWEVER, my 50i doesn't work after I drop it on the floor accidentally. Problems: You don't have any choice of the battery. You must buy the one that is made only for 50i. You must use the camera crandle when charging battery it means that you can't use the carmera even you have extra batteries.

It is better than the former one, 40i and has been changed somehow, but I would not recommend 50i for whom experienced 40i already. Pros against 40i: -128MB capacity(64MB for 40i) -auto picturing by making noise(none for 40i) -a lot better remote controller, which displays song info. Cons against 40i: -Sliding door(never feel the necesity) -50i use ONLY battery(40i can use with other companies' batteries) -Cradle(kind of bondage, you must always carry it -Small LCD(rather smaller than 40i) Pr ...