Fujifilm FinePix 50i

Announced May 29, 2001 •

I bought my 50i for HK$2700 (equivalent to US350). Overall, I am quite satisified with the camera because I could carry it around whereever I go. Just like to comment on 2 things which would give potential purchaser some thought: Audio & battery In regards to audio, I am currently using a 64Mb Smartmedia with the camera (Sandisk). I have another 128Mb (unknown brand) but because the later doesn't support ID (a thing to make sure if buying a Smartmedia for this camera), I cannot download mp3 ...

The image quality is good in most cases but the image noise may be much higher than you may expected especially in indoor situation. The MP3 quality is good but not the best. HOWEVER, my 50i doesn't work after I drop it on the floor accidentally. Problems: You don't have any choice of the battery. You must buy the one that is made only for 50i. You must use the camera crandle when charging battery it means that you can't use the carmera even you have extra batteries.

I bought the camera mainly because of the features, which I think do well fit together. Especially MP3 and webcam got me. Surprisingly also the small flash is sufficient for night shots. 4MP mode is good for a little "zoom", but I mostly use 2 MP only. Problems: · It's difficult to change between the different modes (rec/play/movie) because the switch is hard to move. · There is no way to always turn on the display while taking pictures. · Picture noise is quite high, cannot sharpen pictures ...

It is better than the former one, 40i and has been changed somehow, but I would not recommend 50i for whom experienced 40i already. Pros against 40i: -128MB capacity(64MB for 40i) -auto picturing by making noise(none for 40i) -a lot better remote controller, which displays song info. Cons against 40i: -Sliding door(never feel the necesity) -50i use ONLY battery(40i can use with other companies' batteries) -Cradle(kind of bondage, you must always carry it -Small LCD(rather smaller than 40i) Pr ...

There are so many functions availble in such small size camera. Compare with ther models, i think this one is worth to buy as many functions all come from one basic- picture with high quality which is done by 50i already. Problems: The metal body is quite hot when use for several mins.

I have read many reviews online regarding this product, and so far, it has been very good. You can't say more, for the amount of money you pay, to gain access for the many functions available in such a small little gizmo. Problems: So far so good, no problems.

[ quality ] are same as 40i, [ mp3 ]are good, [ video] function r worst then 40i, [ audio ] record are same as nothing... [ webcam ] function you play over 5 min the camera body can burn your eggs!! Problems: now my 50i was broken down too after i bought it about 2 months.... if i can choose again... i'll buy 40i coz i think are same... just 50i are compact more.

i think 50i is very surprising product,it brings me more fun, and it's video function is very excellent!i can't agree anymore!

50i has offered a number of great features in just a compact size! The image quality is good and the MP3 music is also good! I especially like its size as it can be put into my pocket! Problems: However, It is broken down after 1.5 months... >.<.