Fujifilm FinePix 50i

Announced May 29, 2001 •

Problems: i am currently living in japan and the sales stuff here is saying that the camera is just available in japanese. is that true?

I am happy with the results that I get from the 50i. My Camera Store advised me to buy a PENTAX D-L12 battery, in lieu of the Fuji NP-60 as it was cheaper. Some one else told me that a Nokia phone also uses a similar battery, but I have not yet confirmed that. Problems: Difficulty with the small switch to go from photo, to preview. Also the sliding lens cover has started to wear a groove in the body of the camera

Its fantastic. The time taken to save an image is so small, i check to see if i took it. My old Sony Mavica is now being used as a paper wieght. The video function is awesome! It captures events which are more effective, such as my baby cousin laughing, my cat running around and its also great for my hobby, reviewing Live gigs at bars and stuff. Awesome! Problems: No problems yet. Although its annoying that when switching to Picture mode ( from another ) you need to stay pressing a button to ...

I have the Japanese model, but live in North America, one disadvantege is the translation of the menus in the camera and owners manual. If anyone has any information reguading changing the text from Japanese to English please e mail me and let me know. Problems: SO far other than not being able to translate no real problems.

I bought it in NYC and was cheated by Brodway Computer and Video. The told me my Eurpean model is also working in other LCD Languages than Japanese. My model won´t do this. Only works in japanese Language. Overall a good smart Product, easy to go and use. Problems: Living in Europe and having a japanese Model of the FP 50i but not able to read and speak japanese. Anyone here to change it with me or implement a german Software.

SGD

I bought the 50i in Singapore after initally looking for a minicam. More than one salesman steered me towards this full featured camera since it does 80 seconds of video in higher resolution than most video cameras! Although I have a Coolpix 950, which I love, its size and weight keep me from freely carrying it around. This all-purpose camera and MP3 player has been a delight to use and always have nearby. As an all purposeI would recommend it. Problems: A few quirks: the controls are not ...

I have been so satisfied with this SMALL camera. It's so cute and so dexterous. It has been in my pocket at any time. It's impossible to miss any scene. If you are not pro,I recommend you this camera as a first digital camera in your life. This camera focuses on snap-shot. Its small body and good image quality gives me so much fun. Problems: whenever I use this camera, I must open lense cover manually. Sometime I forgot to open lense cover. This happened so repeatidly.

Simple to use, easy to pack Problems: I need help locating a power adaptor!

Very easy to use and multifunctional. MP3 player could be an overkill, and becomes passe in the near future..Too much dependant on the proprietary cradle and xp-60 battery. Virtually worthless without them. Able to download to PC using video cable and video capture card but picture quality very poor. This also renders the video cable connection redundant, methinks. Problems: Difficulty to install when Iomega Zip drive present. PC will accept only one device. Small USB connection too fragile, ...