Fujifilm FinePix 40i

Announced Jun 2, 2000 •
Kai_Zen

Great idea, fair execution...FujiFilm certainly had the right idea with this camera; combine a handy, high-quality (4.2MP interpolated) camera with an MP3 player. Unfortunately, they didn't quite pull it off. While the camera takes passable photos, it suffers in low-light/indoor conditions. The tiny flash in no way compensates for average indoor conditions or low-light outdoor closeups and photos, even at the highest quality setting, end up looking grainy. The MP3 player is virtually ...

i like this camera, it has all the features i was looking for and compact. It was working fine until about at month ago. Problems: I have been getting a read error and often the camera will freeze and not operate. I brought it to a repair shop and the estimate was $225 for the repair. Since I hear that this is a common problem with this camera I will not get the repair and stay away from buying fuji cameras in the future.

Jerry Salhanick - Please contact Jay Salhanick at: jaysal@mediaone.net

Knum

It's a decent little camera, but the image quality seems very poor. Dark and dull areas are very noisy and noticable unless you shrink the shot in post. The lack of optical zoom is dissapointing, however, it keeps the camera small and solid. The menus are easy to navigate.

The versatility this camera affords me is incredible. I'm able to be a lot more flexible with my subjects and I'm a true believer in the quality of the photographs in shoot. Thanks FUJI for an outstanding product.

Good digital camera Problems: only problem i now have is that the protection shutter doesn't want to close... its only 5 months since i bought the camera.

oh,its beauty.... Problems: no optical zoom

Does everything it says it can Picture Quality good Problems: Could do with a larger memory card as standard ( 2x 8mb in UK ) To the Mac user I used the audio download software worked fine ( after a reinstall ! ) See update on Fuji's web site

Jorge

I bought the camera two weeks ago and it is excelent, small, good quality, the video functions works properly Problems: I have one problem and a I need help. When I turn on the camera the lens continues in the same state and a message