Fujifilm FinePix 40i

Announced Jun 2, 2000 •

One year and 2,000 shots later, I can say this camera is awesome. I was just printing 8x10's from 640x480 shots... Excellent! Fuji in-camera s/w is excellent (the "interpolated pixel" thing works as advertised). Today in a resolution-test I shot at max-resolution and on my 1440dpi printer the pic could not be told from a hi-res photo. Lack-of-zoom somewhat limits the camera, but results in a lens with superb optics. My wife and I argue over "who gets it" as we both travel. Do we need a ...

The versatility this camera affords me is incredible. I'm able to be a lot more flexible with my subjects and I'm a true believer in the quality of the photographs in shoot. Thanks FUJI for an outstanding product.

This is a great little camera. It's small size makes it very convenient to carry with you sightseeing, etc. Picture quality is very good. The camera alone is worth it's price and the MP3 audio player is a bonus which I haven't even used yet. It's quality is excellent. I would love to get one just like it, same size and shape, but with a 3x optical zoom lens. I understand that Fuji has discontinued this model. Too bad, as it leaves consumers with mostly just bulky sized digital cameras to ...

Great Camera, and fast at taking the first picture when turned on. Very good photo quality. Highly recommended Problems: Has problems adjusting aperture in bright light conditions, resulting in overexposure.

Good digital camera Problems: only problem i now have is that the protection shutter doesn't want to close... its only 5 months since i bought the camera.

oh,its beauty.... Problems: no optical zoom

Eric Ryder

Incredible camera!! Takes video AND audio. Perfect size. You can take pics one right after the other - only a 2 sec wait. Love the metal lens cover that snaps into place. All metal, sturdy, construction. INCREDIBLE color/quality. INCREDIBLE flash action - no washouts. My friends are all jealous. The blue case is cool. USB is great for downloading. Easy to use. Several friends have since bought one and called me to thank me for suggesting it - they LOVE it. I can't say enough ...

Does everything it says it can Picture Quality good Problems: Could do with a larger memory card as standard ( 2x 8mb in UK ) To the Mac user I used the audio download software worked fine ( after a reinstall ! ) See update on Fuji's web site

Take it everywhere (needs spare batteries for MP3). Problems: No battery indicator. Can't see display in bright light, but isn't this a problem with most digital cameras?

Save your money and buy something else Problems: It looks and feels like a toy.