Epson PhotoPC 650

Announced Jul 12, 1999 •
Farside

This was my first digital camera, and it impressed me a lot at the time. Of course, now it seems to be not all that, but looking at the pics I took with it, it was capable of acquitting itself quite well with what it had. The picture quality, if saved as tiff, was much better than you'd expect from a 1meg camera. I didn't have any of the problems others experienced with flash, colour balance or battery doors. Problems: Totally self-inflicted. I left the camera in the vehicle overnight on a ...

kevinrs

The camera was a good working camera for about 15 months. Then all of a sudden it began giving a 208 Error Code. See "Any Problems Encountered" below. Problems: A 208 Error Code. To which Epson's tech support suggested new batteries or reformatting the flash memory card. I tried both and still not working. Then they suggested calling their long distance repair phone number. To which the guy offered Epson's repair policy...$250 flat fee to look at and repair (but no guarantee they can fix it), ...

shellioop

This has always been a good little camera for me, but I wish it had a zoom and better image quality. Obviously, having so few megapixels, it has some noise (too much for my liking) but i've been happy with it for 2 years and taken hundreds of decent pictures. Problems: no zoom

I've used the camera for various occasions, both indoors and outdoors, and have been generally happy with the photos it produced. However, I've always had to do some sort of software "cleanup" with the photos to get them to look the way I saw the image with my own eyes. Usually, photos taken outdoor were overwhelmed by ultraviolet light causing the image to have a strong red (or blue) hue. Additionally, photos taken of people indoors suffered greatly from being "over developed" washing the ...

March 2002. Exellent camera compared to the price. I bought it discount in Denmark. Price in US$ aprox. 80. I got the camera exchanged because of problems concerning the flash-mode. It showed terrible flash pictures with low resolution and low contrast. The new camera has a much better general performance, so maybe some of the critics may be caused by hardware failures.

a spectacular camera with very good benefits, easyl to use, of very good design but with the absence of a zoom lens. Problems: very strong flash no zoom

I have two cameras and we love them the pics are very clear and great potential when down loaded. I never have to change card or settings when prniting, I let my grand-daughter take it on a class trip and every one was schocked to see the prints.They didn't belive the quality Problems: The batteries are a big problem. I bought rechargeable ones and that was solved. I bought two sets one in camera and one charging. Never missed a shot again!!

We have owned this camera for 18 months. The image quality is quite good in high resolution mode. The included CF-USB cable makes transfer of files a snap. Flash is quite strong, so close-up indoor shots need natural lighting and no flash to look good. Software included is extremely useful - we use it for all of our imaging. Nowadays, 1 megapixel cameras are pretty cheap, but we aren't upgrading yet, this camera meets all of our basic digital photography needs. Problems: Get a big CF card ...

I have found that the image quality of the Epson photo PC650 is decent in sunlight but terrible indoors. Overall the Pictures looked over exposed with bad color. Problems: Worked like a charm, just lousy pictures

Very good camera for the price! The picture quality is great, especially for outdoor pictures. The flash is quite strong though, so for indoor pictures, you will have to take a certain distance from your objective, otherwise you will see too much light on your objective. One thing I miss though; it's a ZOOM. It's a great camera to take general views, of landscapes and stuff. Well, I don't regret this one yet. I'm thinking of selling it, so I would buy one with a Zoom. Problems: Strong flash