Epson PhotoPC 3000 Zoom / Epson C900Z

Announced May 4, 2000 •

Solid, simple, sharp. I traded in my Epson PhotoPC 800 for the 3000Z, mainly because of the optical zoom that it offerred. The camera has exceeded all my expectations so far. Problems: None.

Very easy to use digital camera. Great image quality and color. A must have for first time digital camera buyers. Problems: Not very good for fast motion.

Eine gurndsolide Kamera. Für mich gibt es ein paar Abzüge für die Farbqualität. Ich habe schon mehr als 7000 Bilder mit der Kamera gemacht und bin sehr zufrieden. Problems: Color

A great feel to this camera which I find important and outstanding image quality, it took me a few days shooting to get used to the two stage trigger but now it is hard to find fault. The macro shots have impressed me also the night shots, I would of liked more control over the focus as the three preset manual focus settings don´t allow for much scope. Problems: LCD a little red, the zoom lens a little slow and the power button a little close to the shutter button.

After 3 months and 3000 pics I'm still very satisfied. I bought it at 80% of the price of G1 in Denmark. I value the generally very good quality of the pics, esp. close-up and macro pics. Unlike some other reviewers I find you can have shutter-priority; it's just a bit unhandy because you have to dig in the menu. Landscape pics are a bit blurry, but tend to be dull anayway....Snowy nightpics with long shutterspeed (8 s) on tripod are impressive. Problems: Zoom and other reactions slow at ...

A really good camera, easy to handle. Very important: flash hot shoe and lens adapter included! Problems: Slow AF and zoom. No shutter priority mode, no 1024x768 mode. LCD color is slightly too red. No 1/1000 speed.

Awesome, just awesome. I puchased the 3000z about 2 months ago.One week after having the cam, I was off to Hawaii, which is mandatory if you live in ALASKA. Prior to leaving, I purchased a 128mb cf1 card and a B-300 Olympus 1.7 lens. I WAS VERY impressed with this camera ! Upon returning to ALASKA, I have purchased a EE optics 5x, Vivitar 285HV and a really nice tripod. With all the additional components, the 3000z really lives up to its TRUE potential. I have had no problems or ...

I USED THIS LITTLE CAMERA WITH MY STUDIO LIGHT & THE END RESULTS WERE AMAZING MUCH BETTER THEN SHOOTING POLOROID FOR TEST SHOOTS & LESS EXPENSIVE TO THE POINT THAT IT PAID FOR IT SELF WITHIN 5 MONTHS. RESOLUTION HOLDS WELL 4 8X10S Problems: A LITTLE SLOW FOR ZOOMING IN & OUT

These are my pros and cons that distinguish this cam from competitors and that I found essential. Pros: excellent performance in low-light conditions, perfect macro shots, manual white balance mode that really increases pictures quality, quick (in most cases) and easy interface with no hierarchical drop-down menus, AA-like cheep batteries and accumulators compatibility, ergonomics, included lens adapter and batteries charger, standard external flash mount, user manual quality, automatic ...