Casio QV-5500SX

Announced Jul 20, 1999 •
Phil Hollard

Great camera. Digital zoom not as good as I expected.Initially a battery guzzler, which frustrated me. Then I purchased 4 nickel metal hydride (nmh) batteries which charged quite satisfactorily in my nicad battery charger, and hey presto, end of battery problems! Therefore, a simple answer, don't even consider using this camera without nnmh batteries. Other than this minor problem, I love using this camera.

I was delighted with this camera for the two years I owned it before it developed a colour fault. Casio offer a £87 fixed repair charge but I decided to replace it. To my surprise, many cameras today still don't offer all these features such as TV out, and many have lower resolution LCD screens. Good while it lasted... Problems: It died with colour fault.

Good: AWESOME quality camera at a great price. LOTS of features, have to give it a good overall rating; however, the thing about it that does not please me is the power consumption. Problems: After only 2-3 hours of use, the camera was to the point where it would shut off before getting everything uploaded. Did not include an AC adapter, and you cannot charge any rechargeable batteries while they are still in the camera.