Casio QV-4000

Announced Jun 22, 2001 •

My 3rd DC and second Casio. Great camera! With a Raynox macor lens I have gotten some great results!! Now I am trying a Kenko 2X telephot add on which seems to work well!! Problems: Slightly over agressive noise reduction visible when used with 2X telephoto add on lens.

i liked the camera instantly, the pics are very good and neat. i paid $504/- and i think its the best value for the amount. go for it. Problems: nothing yet

great pictures, best shot modus is a perfect, good price - get it !

George Blackwell

I love this camera. The Best Shot mode is excellent allowing you to choose the situation you are in and adjusts accordingly. Nice to have option for external flash. Good quality feel to the camera, not cheap and fragile like the qv-3000 felt. I love that the camera operates on inexpensive AA batteries. I use 3 sets of AA NiMH 1600mah and can go over 100 pics without changing a set. I paid under $500 for this camera and am glad I didn't get the Canon G2. Don't forget to get the lens adapter ...

I am very pleased with the over all quality and the easy of use of this outstanding camera. I am however surprised at the lack of dealers that have any knowledge of this camera. In the camera business everyone just carries Canon, Nikon and Olympus. Boy are they misssing the boat! Problems: My only wish is that it excepted Filters and extra lenses with out an adapter.

I was hoping to purchase Canon PowerShot G2, Olympus Camedia C-3040/4040, or Epson PhotoPC 3100Z before a DC salesman recommended QV-4000. Granted, the image quality is not as great as G2; but with the price tag similar to a 3 megapixel DC, it is undeniable that this camera is worth every penny. With Canon lens and Sony CCD, what's not to like in a camera with so many functions? Functions of QV-4000 that stands out: Ability to focus on 9 different points (point size adjustable) within a frame. ...

Sansimeon

I would give this camera 6 stars if it would allow. You cannot go wrong with a camera in this league at this price. The best image quality I have seen and features galore packed into a sturdy well designed package. Don't waste an extra $450 or so on that G2 before giving this a shot. If even takes NiMH AA's!

Craig Murray

Bought as combined camera / 1GB microdrive deal. Compatability with microdrive main selling point. Camera has proven to be impressive. Controls at first initially daunting have become second nature very quickly. Excellent and smooth transfer of images to pc (runs windows XP). Recommended. Problems: Only (v minor) nitpick is cord for lens cap looks like an afterthought.

The camera is good, very good. The only thing I'm not quite satisfied with is manual focusing (tha automatic one is Ok) - it seems to me, that it's not very comfartable to focus using the LCD display. Why not to give an opportunity to set a focus distance in metres?

I like this camera a lot. The image quality is superb. The pros can easily be found on this page so I'll focus more on the problems I encountered, so read below... Problems: To me all the colour-amplification and filters have too strong an effect. I don't use them because you end up with an image with more than only a tint. The panorama feature is nice but there should be a possibility to make a panorama holding the camera upright. The slow power-on time can be very enerving. At times the ...