Casio QV-3EX (XV-3)

Announced Feb 24, 2000 •

Love the size and think that it works OK ..Macro is Excelent and the battery life is superb with a std CF card of 64MB. The picture quality is good in all situations if you know how to set it up, something that took a long time to work out. LCD useless in sunlight and the beep is too quiet. However it is great for the money and once used to would be hard to replace Problems: The first ones lens gave up coming out and just switched off the next one is fine

I just got this on ebay for $340 and dropped it on a Hard wood floor the first day that I got it. Omg what a mistake, but it amazes me that it didn't do anything to the camera. It works really well, and I am very pleased.

Purchased on ubid.com for $400. Love the size, ease of use and microdrive for vacation pics. Still learning all the features. Problems: I get a lot of out of focus photos when using flash. Anyone know why? email me av@alsmail.com Also can I put sound on the video feature?

Value for money. Couple of points; difficult to understand whether the picture is taken when there is background sound (high volume music etc). Bleep effects are not loud enough. LCD is not bright enough to see under bright sun. Re-arm period is too high; can't comfortably take consecutive shots at will (might be because of microdrive being slow). Overexposure in auto mode when it's very sunny and bright.. I missed Nikon Coolpix like design where LCD part being independent from the ...

This is my first and only digital camera although I tried the Ricoh 2.2 megapixel camera for a while. The Casio is very light, easy to use, and easy to hold steady. The picture quality is amazing, as good as any 35 mm slr I ever used. I rarely need a flash even in very low light. Problems: The autofocus is poor in dim light. Batteries are propietory and hard to find in Canada. I would have liked an optical zoom but I use software cropping to compensate.

I bought mine in the Canaries for around £350. Great metal design. Only thing is you can't save raw files- even in "Fine" mode there is visible jpeg compression. Very easy to use, and is one of only a few which fits in your pocket Problems: Only the jpeg noise as mentioned above, and no optical zoom

I bought the camera in japan.The model number is XV3 and I got a blue one(colour). It just costs $300 but without any CF. Problems: Sometimes when the battery is low, it can't work and I have to load the battery.

This camera was bought in Malaysia for RM 3099 with 340 MB IBM Microdrive. Excellent value for money. The ease of use makes this camera extremely user friendly. It also has an extremely long battery life of approximately 2 hrs. The good part is that the re-chargeable battery and charger comes free. Fantastic size and compact design with full metal finish. The use of digital histogram makes it easy to balance the picture's light source. Plus it comes with 1 year tourist warranty. Problems: No ...