Casio Exilim EX-Z60

Announced Feb 21, 2006 •
bigowl

I've had this camera for a few years now, ever since my Canon P&S died. I originally bought it for its small size and short time delays. It has been my everyday go-to camera in a belt pouch when I do not want to lug around a larger camera. For me, the picture quality and camera features have been excellent. I hope it lasts a long time. Problems: No problems at all. The 3x zoom is of marginal use, but that is an acceptable trade-off for the very small profile.

romphotog

I like its compact size, 3x zoom, ability to shut off useless digital zoom, strong flash for its size, large LCD. Buy NP-20's on eBay for $0.99+$3.99s/h and you get about 50 shots. Problems: Didnt like the fact it has no pic auto-rotate feature. Macro on it sucks as has been mentioned. Also, as has been mentioned, after changing batteries, it sometimes refuses to turn on for about 10-30secs.

MyMaria

I've had this cam for over a year already (and I dropped it twice!) and I'm still loving it. I've had 2 Sony point N shoot cams as well as a Panasonic and a Kodak. I've also used my friends'/cousins' Canon and Olympus cams... but nothing beats the Casio. In fact, I've decided to upgrade and bought myself an Exilim S880 as I am giving my most loved Z60 to my mom, whose Panasonic cam broke. The Z60 is very easy to use and meets all the demands of everyday shooting. Even if you ask a random ...

Godzakka

Only reason I put less than 5 is as follows: Construction - could've used an LCD protector, or swivel LCD, but this probably would've caused a larger thickness. Features - I wish I could change the settings manually, but that's part of the simplicity of it. Versus my 10D and 1D, the images are well saturated, sharp, and pleasant to look at. Used on my honeymoon and didn't regret it. Problems: Battery dies fast when shooting A LOT, but replacement/spares are $20 at Adorama (NP20 I believe), ...

MikeSavage

I've had a Z60 for a while now & am impressed by its speed of operation, user-friendliness, build quality and styling. The camera produces good A4 prints, though sharpness falls off in the corners somewhat - but that's only to be expected. I'd say it was a pretty good 'pocket notebook' for any photographer on the move. Problems: The only disadvantage of this camera compared to many digital compacts is the relatively poor macro performance (10cm).

tpiper

I like the camera. It is very easy to use. I have an older, larger digital (Canon Pro90) that I am happy with but it is bulky. I wanted one I could carry around in my pocket. For the price and features this seems like a pretty good deal. Problems: The display which is a nice size, is washed out when outside - even if you try to shade it with your hand it is STILL hard to see.

Threcats

Excellent camera! Does not over sharpen images! The only things lacking are a wider angle lens, a view finder. These features seem to have gone extinct in consumer cameras. A panoramic mode would be a nice addition. This camera has an excellent feature set, is super fast, and image quality is excellent for a point-n-shoot. Problems: None at all.

Grassyknole

Great camera for the money/ anitshake works awesome/ image quailty a bit grainy if the lighting isnt just right...but otherwise good....SUPER EASY to use for that not so bright wife of yours...and very well construted all metal body EXTREMLY GOOD VIDEO Problems: no problems at all

Uncle Mo

I bought this Z 60 yesterday, and i'm very surprise with the picture !Natural colour,good white balance,big and sharp LCD and very ease to use (my wife love it very much,because she doesn't like my other camera Nikon D 70 S, "too heavy" she said ! Problems: None

batcave

A great camera with great features that are offered in the higher end cameras such ast the EX-Z850 but at a reasonable cost.