Casio Exilim EX-Z60

Announced Feb 21, 2006 •
leonike

I used this camera for ~2 years, and the images have a nice, bright look. colors may not be very saturated but there's a really nice look especially in bright sunlit scenes. Problems: construction is just average, and i always have problems with the battery and charger. but the most difficult aspect for me was hand held, low light shots w/o flash. really blurry.

bigowl

I've had this camera for a few years now, ever since my Canon P&S died. I originally bought it for its small size and short time delays. It has been my everyday go-to camera in a belt pouch when I do not want to lug around a larger camera. For me, the picture quality and camera features have been excellent. I hope it lasts a long time. Problems: No problems at all. The 3x zoom is of marginal use, but that is an acceptable trade-off for the very small profile.

romphotog

I like its compact size, 3x zoom, ability to shut off useless digital zoom, strong flash for its size, large LCD. Buy NP-20's on eBay for $0.99+$3.99s/h and you get about 50 shots. Problems: Didnt like the fact it has no pic auto-rotate feature. Macro on it sucks as has been mentioned. Also, as has been mentioned, after changing batteries, it sometimes refuses to turn on for about 10-30secs.

MyMaria

I've had this cam for over a year already (and I dropped it twice!) and I'm still loving it. I've had 2 Sony point N shoot cams as well as a Panasonic and a Kodak. I've also used my friends'/cousins' Canon and Olympus cams... but nothing beats the Casio. In fact, I've decided to upgrade and bought myself an Exilim S880 as I am giving my most loved Z60 to my mom, whose Panasonic cam broke. The Z60 is very easy to use and meets all the demands of everyday shooting. Even if you ask a random ...

Godzakka

Only reason I put less than 5 is as follows: Construction - could've used an LCD protector, or swivel LCD, but this probably would've caused a larger thickness. Features - I wish I could change the settings manually, but that's part of the simplicity of it. Versus my 10D and 1D, the images are well saturated, sharp, and pleasant to look at. Used on my honeymoon and didn't regret it. Problems: Battery dies fast when shooting A LOT, but replacement/spares are $20 at Adorama (NP20 I believe), ...

MikeSavage

I've had a Z60 for a while now & am impressed by its speed of operation, user-friendliness, build quality and styling. The camera produces good A4 prints, though sharpness falls off in the corners somewhat - but that's only to be expected. I'd say it was a pretty good 'pocket notebook' for any photographer on the move. Problems: The only disadvantage of this camera compared to many digital compacts is the relatively poor macro performance (10cm).

tpiper

I like the camera. It is very easy to use. I have an older, larger digital (Canon Pro90) that I am happy with but it is bulky. I wanted one I could carry around in my pocket. For the price and features this seems like a pretty good deal. Problems: The display which is a nice size, is washed out when outside - even if you try to shade it with your hand it is STILL hard to see.

I had originally posted a positive review of this camera. I would have kept by that, however since discovering that the software failed on the camera while i was on holidays...my glowing report card on this has been revoked Problems: Macro is non existant Noice on the pictures is worse than my 1st ever digi (1.6 megapixel - generic camera) Photos at night - Forget it with this one Ive taken mine back for a full refund

Maceo

If you're considering buying a Casio, you need to know why I'll never buy another Casio product again. I bought a Casio digital point and shoot about 6 months ago. I make my living as a photographer, I'm a gadget guy and I've owned dozens of point and shoots. I did a lot research and decided on the Casio. The features and design are great. Image quality is only average, but I can live with that. I got it and was really happy with it for about 4 days. Then it wouldn't turn ON. I'd push ...

I din own this camera, but had try out at retail shop. The design is cool, slim (easy fit in pocket), good handling and 2.5" CCD. This is a good point and shot camera for normal user only. And the price its really cheap, RM799 (US$200) at retail shop in Malaysia. As u know, its cheap so pls don expact much. (comparable camera -> Sony DSC-W30) Problems: The bigest problem of this camera its the image quality. The image its too noisy, especially in low light environment. (You must try yourself, ...