Casio Exilim EX-Z57

Announced Feb 15, 2005 •
Ravox

I have this camera and i loved it until the LCD is broken, after 2 years with the camera the LCD dont turn on anymore... But is a special camera for me, very special moments

databanka

I'm very impressed, for the money: 1) Rock Solid constuction. Access doors and body all solid metal, hinges and springs are strong. 2) Super Long battery life! I took it on vacation for a week and never had to charge it. I took 500+ shots. 3) Exellent, easy to understand menus. 4) Large display is nice to view photos and menus. Problems: No Problems. But screen could have higher resolution. There are no special shooting modes, like Canon. And the movie mode is really basic.

Angshuman

I have used this camera for ~2years now and have taken ~3000 photographs! Very nice experience in general. Excellant picture quality. High colour depth, excellant photographs at night and low light condition. Easy to use and carry. Reasonably fast in operation. Very long battery life (~250 photographs). Problems: Violet colour comes as blue and purple comes as pink!

aprildanae

This camera has worked well for me. I never intended to use it for anything serious, just for fun, but I have produced some beautiful images that I have been able to print as 10x15 with no problem. Generally a quick, easy to use, small little camera. Great for an average user. = ) Excellent battery life!! Huge screen! (Get a little worried about scratching it so get a screen-saver) Problems: Sometimes it may not take the picture right away. The user software is a little confusing (I would ...

I loved this camera. Until it broke Problems: I didn't drop it. But it doesn't turn on anymore. Lens are stuck midway. Probably the servo motors are fried somehow. Very frustrating :-( Just clicked turn off and they got stuck like that... Hope I can figure out how to repair/return it. Otherwise - lovely little camera, I had a lot of fun with it since purchasing it in October 2005.

spyros_L

-The 2.7-inch LCD is an easy way to share pictures -The text in the menus and alerts is readable and attractive -Strong graphic element to menus – maintains visibility in extreme lighting -Long battery life (roughly 400 shots per charge) -Sturdy build Problems: -Performs slowly -Poor performance in Auto ISO mode (high noise) -Colors were inaccurate and lacked vibrancy -Large LCD has limited resolution -Limited manual controls -Menu structure could be better organized -Included software is ...

C130

I bought this EX-Z57 but sold it 3 days later. The long life battery and the big LCD is great but should improve on the resolution. Most important of all is the image quality but was quite dissappointed with it compare to my old camera.

Ganapathy

This camera is fun. I don't know why it is not as popular in other parts of the world like it is in Japan? Has 23 scene modes. 2.7 inch LCD. 5.1 megapixels. Looong battery life. Cloudy white balance, Easy interface. Problems: Tends to overexpose in auto mode, but can be corrected in camera. In fact it is OK for prints, if you like colorful prints.

jksigmon

This is a great camera for all types of photographers, I have the black metal and it looks great and fits nicely into your hand. The picture quality is excellent and the 2.7" lcd screen is great for previewing pictures. This camera has a lot of great features. I highty recommend this camera to anyone.

phusit64

Great camera with great big LCD that shows clearly details.The picture quality is good,even in different conditions,thanks to best shot mode.It's easy to use for everyone in your family.The metal body is strong as it looks and fit well in your hand.Finally, the battery life is "fantastic" long life than I expect! Problems: Have no TV out and can't connect directly to computer.