Casio Exilim EX-Z55

Announced Aug 25, 2004 •
Steve Bliek

This camera was my second attempt at digital photography. It proved to be 1000 times better that the Minolta S404. It's a great gadget to carry with you since it's the size of a pack of cigarettes and offers many easy to use features. I am truly amazed with the long battery life and the LCD screen size. This would make a great gift!! Problems: The optical zoom could be a little wider, The written manual does not tell you much, and it is inconveinant to fire up the computer to read the CD ...

Chazzer3

A very good camera, which is very capable. It has a decent zoom, although it would be better if it was a bit wider. As well as this, the camera has a great macro function and a lot of Best Shot situations, allowing for you to take great pictures all the time. Overall a great camera, particuarly for a compact cheap(ish), camera. A very reccomended product. Problems: -Wider Wide would be nicer Otherwise none.

JanG

I've had my Z-55 for less then a week and so far, so good. For what it is, it performs wonderfully. I've had no problems. I love the large LCD screen and the viewfinder is a bonus. Since this isn't a DSLR, I don't expect that kind of image. I'm impressed. The manual on the CD has all the info one could possibly need. Although it's over 200 pages, I printed it out. Size is perfect for a pocket. I love it!! Problems: None so far.

jfinite

This is my second digital camera, replacing a Canon A20 2MP. I have been very pleased with the picture quality of the Z55, it has even surprised me a few times. I was looking for a sub-compact to go with me everywhere. The built-in shooting modes, excellent long life battery, large LCD, size and weight are all positives for this cam. I would recommend it to anyone. Problems: None

Selina

the slim size and huge LCD is perfect! the camera is solid product. easy to use. the cradle is good....easy and convenient to use. Problems: I don't like the Flash! it seems that i can nvr take a shot that i'm satisfied with. this cam does not produce good night shots though. I have the problem with the camera 'locked' after a number of shots. it just went blank.

BurkPhoto

Bought it for Christmas as a snapshot camera for the family. I'm extremely impressed. Color balance is dead on, in some pretty tricky lighting situations. Noise is a bit high at ISO 400, but Ninja does a good job zapping it. Speed of operation beats some of my pro gear. Very, very responsive camera! Battery life is excellent. LCD is HUGE and very nice. I only wish it had a flash sync shoe or PC terminal. Made some 30 x 16 inch panorama prints on an Epson 4000... GREAT for a camera in this ...

i bought camera and had it one day then it packed up.!! it was in the middle of my grandaughters birthday party. what a pain!!! it is now back to the shop. i am lucky it is my local!! so now i am looking at the pentax optio sv. hope better luck with this one. Problems: the camera refused to operate after 12 shots. software? shutter stayed half open anyone else had a problem with this model. please let me know Bill

scottwk1

Great overall camera. Takes decent quality photos. Has a strong flash and the large LCD is a definite plus. As many have said, it's not real white, but I don't find this an annoyance. This only seems to be with using the screen as a viewfinder. Viewing images on the screen doesn't seem to have the tint. The size is a definite plus as it's easy to take anywhere. Problems: nothing in particular.

Dan W

This is a very nice little camera with some great features. It does all that I expect of it and in some cases, more. The photos are sharp for such a small lens. Unlike the other reviewer, I have no qualms with the LCD. The color of the screen may seem off indoors if the white balance isn't set properly. The best color is obtained with the manual white balance, as one would expect. The LCD color looks fine when the white balance is adjusted properly. I own more sophisticated cameras but the ...

niederj2001

I love the docking cradle. Being able to recharge the battery and transfer pictures at the same time without having to disconnect cords is what I loved most about this product. The picture quality was not what I expected for a 5.0 megapixel camera. I found that images in the distance were in focus instead of the figure I was trying to shoot. I loved the small profile and its features were relatively intuitive to find and use. Problems: The camera lens locked up twice with the lens extended. ...