Casio Exilim EX-Z4

Announced Aug 27, 2003 •

Bought one spring 2004. camera with nice size and lots of nice bells and whistles, BUT the image quality just is not satisfying. some trick image modes I've not seen on any other camera. Problems: high noise at >ISO100 pictures taken with flash very unnatural manual focus is there but it's unusable due stupid controls/view on screen. not very well constructed/durable, my Z4 broke 2 times.

I have a Panasonic FZ20 (big zoom slr style camera) and purchased the Casio to compliment the Panasonic, which is too big to take everywhere. The Casio is a great little camera that's built so very well well and takes excellent pictures in most conditions. The camera looks and feels superb and everyone wants to pick it up and play with it. For sure technology in this market is moving pretty fast, but like the rest of the Casio range, this camera is a diamond. Battery life is excellent and ...

Very versatile camera, very funy for beginers. Problems: Photos taken by night or indor are very noisy

DaHowler

So I bought this camera for candid shots. Something my wife could throw in her purse, or me in a pocket when going out somewhere to have fun, or a party. When taking pictures is an incidental, not the primary purpose. We've gotten good quality pictures for the resolution. A lot of nice features are built in that you wounldn't have expected. Cons: Power button is too small and too close to the shutter button. Large LCD screen is a big plus, but the lack of a case made getting one the first ...

Lambton

I have been pleasantly surprised by the ease of use and the great screen. The image quality is well below adequate. Problems: At infinity one side of the image is focused the other is not!

Charlie

I have had this camera since christmas, and it has been great, apart from the odd blurry photo, easily mended by a best shot. Most photos in focus and some really nice effects availiable! Problems: The screen scratches very easily, and without an inclusive case, I had to make one myself!

sherwinkahn

I bought this camera for my girlfriend. She and I have played with it for the last four days and it is a marvel. I am going to sell my Olympus C50 and either get this or maybe the newer 600. Can't imagine a better camera in its size. The Candlelight mode alone is worth the price.

RipMcIntosh

Best LCD screen on the market inthis size camera. AVI movie feature dropped in this model

Mark77

Very Happy with this powerful little camera. Very easy to use (wife can even capture some great pics), and beautifully made. Need t at least a 128 meg card. Highly recomended.... Problems: NO MOVIE MODE!!! Hopefully a firmware will fix this soon.....

solostudio

"Dated Exilim, married Elf...?" Alas, I traded my EX-Z4U in for a Canon s400 Elf as others have here. The image quality is just not consistent enough by comparison. But it was so compellingly well designed in every other area that it was a hard choice. For snapshots only I would have kept it. But since I was looking for a primary camera and the "video-ish" quality that others have also mentioned repeatedly would have hindered me, I had to let it go. The way I look at it, Casio really ...