Casio Exilim EX-H10

Announced Jun 11, 2009 •

The EX-H10 is a great beginner camera, I bought it in July 2011. And broke it in July 2013 luckily the week before the warranty ran out ;-) I broke it because I screwed a homemade tripod on too tight witch damaged a connecter cable... Overall if you have never done photography before this is an okay first camera - it was mine. See below my rating for different uses.

After 20 months of ownership, I have found the key to day-to-day use for the EX-H10 that satisfies most of my day-to-day and travel needs. In the AUTO Mode: 12mp Auto Flash AF Multi-area Anti Shake - Camera AS ISO 64 AWB EV = -0.67 Sharpness +2 Saturation +2 Save the above in a Best Shot file. Repeat for ISO 400, with and without Auto Flash. Change ISO as situation dictates but stay at 400 or less. Shoot at 24mm (35mm equivalent) and up to 5X maximum. Superb battery life. Problems: Stay away ...

contadorfan

I had this camera for 2 months, thought I could find better for indoor shots, returned it for a Canon S90, and now I miss the Casio. Its outdoor shots were clear & detailed, and if the indoor shots were not as crisp, at least it rendered colors beautifully. My new Canon isn't THAT much clearer than the Casio, and the indoor colors are not as good. I miss the Casio's ease of use and the 24 mm lens. Couldn't adjust aperture or shutter speed, but all else easy to tweak. The Casio felt good ...

I love : - 1,000 shot battery life, amazing - 10X optical zoom - Vivid colours - Fast - 24mm wide lens for panoramic photos but with enough distortion at the edges. Its funny to see buildings bending. - Auto Best Shot (BS button) really works. Problems: I also like the landscape button but not the Make-up Shot button. I would prefer a Self-Timer button instead and not going through menu.

pianostudio

Nice camera, very small, easy to carry around. Actually my 9th camera besides Canon PowerShots. Buttery life is amazing unless you make too much videos. I didn’t recharge the buttery after 1200 pictures (not full size) and after 3 months didn’t know where I left the charger!) When you use low ISO and put sharpness & contrast at +2 it gets amazing results. I love the videos, so vivid, with a good sound too. 24mm and 10x zoom are very handy and make amazing results. Problems: There is no macro ...

Battery lasts very long but not as much as 1,000 shots though. Button layout is quite hard to use comparing with my previous camera (Sony T10). Also I like its 10x zoom despite little image quality drop. Color is really vivid. No problem even in night shot. However, macro distance is obviously disappointing.

This cam do realy wel between iso 64 and iso 200 Very pocketable and good exposure. the colors are abit diferent to other cams,but I like the colors;not so blue and dark as some other cams do. there is at wide an little CA in corners in strong light. But nothing dramatic. for the rest it is an good cam folt wel in your pocket,is an great travel camera,and batterie live is exeptional long. There is also an great Lcd bright and clear,but could use abit more pixels. Problems: No real problems ...

OGK

Love the colors and the amazing battery life! Works in direct bright sunlight as well as in low light situations.. Can't live without it now! Problems: None as yet!

Perus

Fast AF, good lens range, really good AWB (at least compared to the TZ7). Good colors (a bit like "Oly- colors"). Great battery capacity. Problems: AF and zoom a little bit noisy compared to others in class. A bit more CA than Panny's in the same class.

fredscapes

Disappointed Problems: Was exited at the beginning, but over time more and more disappointed with low light performance and much too heavy noise suppression leading to strange portraits