Canon EOS 70D

Announced Jul 2, 2013 •
20 megapixels | 3 screen | APS-C sensor
mikedidi

I have had this model [70D] for over 18 months and I used it on 2 European trips. The IQ is superb, and I am getting excellent results when I shoot in low light. But the best part for me is in the video arena. I do not have to worry about focusing, I just set it up and shoot. I get excellent quality 1080P-HD. I shoot mainly in-town scenes and architecture while traveling. I know they put out the newer 80D, but I see not reason for upgrading at this time. If the noise is high, then I use ...

Colby Cleavenger

Got the camera for X-mas, great photos and video, also lightweight.

I actually sold my 7D and bought this, because of the articulated screen. Being only 5'9" tall, its come in handy for over the crowd shots and many other positions I've gotten into over the past two years. Although the 7D was a bit more sturdy, I haven't tried to drive any nails with this one, so its been just plain amazing. There going to have to put out something game-changing to get me to consider "upgrading". Just MHO, of course.

I owned the 70D before one year , but it is having focusing issue from the beginning. I have given this for servicing but still it is not resolved. I have a request to #Canon , after buying this camera I was not able to do my works with this. Now I'm taking camera rental for my purposes, I hope you can understand my problem. Please help me. Regards Naveen +91 9995479895

cberry

I returned the 650D for part exchange for this camera - why? I'm planning to live on an island without access to immediate camera support and lenses will have to be shipped in one-by-one. A body without MFA is simply inconceivable. Furthermore, I enjoy shooting at very wide apertures. My experience with the 650D was a little hit and miss. The lenses I desperately wanted to work with the body didn't want to focus accurately or consistently. My plan was for a general zoom - the 18-135 STM and a ...

70d IF

I have been using my new Canon 70d + EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 USM for a month now, and while I am very happy with it, I would like to share a few annoyances. Please comment, and if there are solutions, I would be very glad to know ! Answers like "RTFM" are accepted, IF you give the page number ;-) Here we go: - There is no automatic activation of top screen backlight, based on ambient light - There is no one click method to check focus (see http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/54144589 or ...

Krzysztof512

I can't record with the Wi-Fi on, it literally does not make sense so I docked it half a star.

I recently purchased the 70D after my nikon D7100 Broke. A Protection plan let me trade it in for my 70D. Overall the Camera performs well. No real flaws (at least on my camera). The performance is fast and the autofocus performs quickly. Wifi Connection works well up to about 150-200 yards away from the camera (with a smartphone). The supplied 18-135 kit lens works great, and iso is not terrible up until about 4000. All in all a great camera for me (a semipro user).

iGio

This camera has worse image quality then even T3i, T2i

VForce

I simply love using my Canon 70D and I'll tell you why ! Great auto focus..for my videos using STM 18-135 STM 40mm (pancake) 24-105L . Picture quality is great even if not perfect post production fix wherever it's needed .