Canon EOS 5D

Announced Aug 22, 2005 •
13 megapixels | 2.5 screen | Full frame sensor
dpritchin

Now i am NEX-5N owner, and I still love 5D for it color rendition, skin tones, DR, and fast AF. It is a very capable still camera. Problems: Heavy, bulky, no video.

AlwaysQuestion

I love this camera. I own an mkII as well, and I really do prefer shooting with and viewing images from the mkI better. I will never get rid of this rig.

Henk van den Born

I use this camera next the Canon 7D for nature photography. Not so much potential than the 7D, but excellent picture quality. Second hand very cheap now.

sesopenko

I bought the 5D used around the same time the 7D came out. I wanted to get a full frame camera but I am willing to wait until canon has a full frame camera with the 7D's feature set. I have been happy with the upgrade from my now dated Digital Rebel (1st gen). Shooting at 12mm gives images the guys with their 10mm lenses on their 1.6 crop bodies can't get. I use it for urban and rural landscape and real-estate photography. I haven't shot any events with it yet because I don't have any ...

Digi Tal

Hands down, THE best DSLR available in the re-sale market today...bar none. This camera has everything that 99.99% of shooters like me actually needs to turn out spectacular shots. IMO, there is simply no full frame in the market that beats the 5D in quality, reliability, durability and price. My advice, stop saving for the 'latest' and just get the best at a ridiculously low price before everyone wakes up and there's none left. Problems: None.

Ashley Pomeroy

The 5D is now available second-hand for a hefty but not unattainable sum of money. I upgraded from a Canon 350D, mainly so that I could experiment with full-frame fisheye images; the 5D has the best ratio of performance and cost for a 35mm-format digital SLR on the second-hand market. The Kodak DCS SLR/C is cheaper but it is a dog. The original 1Ds fetches a similar price, and is physically superior, but is relatively limited, and it's larger and heavier. The 1Ds MkII has four more ...

CanonPhotog

The original 5DmkI is an outstanding dslr bar none, even with today's more modern technological advances in the capabilities of other dslr cameras.

halim44

Satisfied after using 350D, 400D, 30D and 40D. This full frame camera will have great result with my 17-40L, 24-105L IS, 70-200L IS, 200L II and 300L. I also have old 1D, Nikon D90 and Olympus E-3, but for landscape/potrait/static subject...my choice is 5D. Problems: Not for Sport or wildlife...

James A.

Excellent Value for the Money. This 2005 35mm Digital SLR is simply amazing and still to this day. The image quality is outstanding which will suite almost anyone who desires top notch quality for portraits, landscapes or still objects. Even without the aid of weather seals the camera body is constructed quite well out of its magnesium alloy. Performance is pretty snappy from off to on and its AF is no slouch either. My only wish which hasn't come true yet even with the 5D II is a 5fps or ...

Jark89

I just recently sold my 40D in favor of the 5D, and it is absolutely amazing. Full frame is a difference maker (for me) above anything else. I shoot mostly portraits and static things, so the speed of the camera suits me just fine. High ISO is a charm, as is the better bokeh. Tonal gradation also seems smoother and more pleasing to the eye. Overall, images just have more "pop". I am 100% satisfied with this camera. Problems: Some hot pixels, 1 dead pixel. Not a big deal however.