Canon EOS 50D

Announced Aug 26, 2008 •
15 megapixels | 3 screen | APS-C sensor
ommeedrums

I've used this gear (EOS 50D) since September 2010 and I've still enjoyed and satisfied for all components, especially for best picture result, it's great!! I still don't have a plan to change the gear otherwise if I already have money to upgrade to 7D or 6D!

If you don't need video.. this is the one to buy. I find there is noise in the 40d and the 20d/30d/ image is almost perfect but with a slow buffer in the camers. 50d - shoot models as fast as you want at full raw - camera keeps up. I recommend it. I have two. Problems: Buy a larger - and faster CF card.

Rolo King

Not a bad camera but Pentax cameras were a revelation to me in their use. I was disappointed with the ergonomics and the lack of some features. Picture quality was also a letdown for the price paid. Nikon had the D90 and that's what I was looking at. Problems: No major problems beside not being competitive.

One fantastic camera! I've used Canon SLR's since the 20D. To see the improvement over the years has been great. The 50D is an all round great SLR even after 3 years of use. As long as you don't need HD video, this is one of the best SLR cameras out there for the price!

Yes I have taken over one hundred thousand shots with my two. 50D s and like them a great deal. I never feel inadequate when I see much more expensive cameras in use. My 50d's get the job done well. My 40 D was an enjoyable camera but not as good as the 50D ! So I swapped it for a 50 D giving me a brace of em. The 50D s are reliable and professional in every way. The only upgrade they benefit from is a grid screen. My very experienced photographer friend owns a 7D and a 5D mk 2 as well as ...

rabbit73au

I upgraded from the 20D a while ago and after using this camera for a while now i can say that it is a very impressive camera even at high iso levels i just recently had a photo printed 16 X 24 at 3200 on a metalic print with no visible noise. Problems: None so far most problems are the user not the camera

The 50D is one of my favorites, and destine to be a Canon classic. Canon has taken all they have learned from the 20D, 30D, and 40D and created a more refined instrument in the 50D. I have had the camera for several months, and it has yet to disappoint me. The images are super clean, and the color spectrum is stunning. This particular sensor is capable of making very clean images up to at least 1600 iso. I routinely shoot images at 800 iso, without issues. I love this camera. Problems: I have ...

KyrLeontovich

traded up from various Canons. Love it, especially fast burst mode for shooting birds!

corolla9

Quick & handly in use Problems: No problem

marcdewit

Very nice camera with great IQ and overall handling. The AF adjustment is a real good feauture and helps winning sharpness if your lens has some misfocussing which is very often the case , also in L lenses. Noise is no issue , very good at 800 iso and with the improved noisefilter set to `strong` also 1600 is usable. Lighting optimizer for highlights and shadows working very well. Much higher pro feel compared to f.e. Nikon D90. `feel` in your hands is fantastic. Problems: Batterylife