PIX 2015

Canon EOS 30D

Announced Feb 21, 2006 •
8 megapixels | 2.5 screen | APS-C sensor
jarnvarg

My complains about this camera are basically about to being an upgrade of the 20D with minor changues, basically ae thesame camera with a bigger LCD screen, and a better inner files performance, is a great camera, i love mine wich replace my 10D, allows me to discover and unse the 10-22mm lens, a geat lens, far to be prefect but impresive for a dedicated APS-C lens, this is the last APS-C DSLR camera i buy from Canon, 7D I have used but no mine, so I can opine from a customer owner ...

Pantyhose Bandit

I bought this brand new in around 2006/2007 and 8 years later it's still going strong. What more can I say - it's a pretty darned good camera.

Marc

I bought this camera as it seemed like the obvious upgrade from D30 to 30D. It did everything well and was so much faster than the D30. But I never loved it. There was always something nice about the D30 images that the 30D never had. This is why I still have my D30 and the 30D has been given to a friend. I don't miss it.

Lupti

I had the 30D for some years. Loved it. It takes great pictures, sharp and good colours. It is fast and feels pretty solid. Battery life is good. LCD monitor is ok This was a pretty reliable hardware piece. However I was a little bit disappointed that mine had more noise at ISO400 and above than the 20D I owned together with it. Also I liked 20D colour tone a bit better, don´t know why but they looked mor authentic to me. Advantages of the 30D were bigger buffer and LCD but that´s all. Problems:

mr_landscape

Good camera for those times. My first D-SLR. Now-days is very popular at secondhand market especially in Russia. Problems: -not so good at low-light -average high-iso performance (but it was quite good at the time) -moderate ergonomics (if we compare it with Nikon D-SLR`s)

photosen

Bought this as soon as its price went down when the 40D came out to leave more money for lenses: Canon 50mm f1.4, Canon 10-22, Canon 70-200 f4. The difference with simple point and shoot cameras could not be greater. It feels rugged, has been completely reliable, and has survived being used almost daily. This camera feels just right in my hands, although it could be a bit too big for others; the ability to change aperture, shutter speed and other parameters without taking your eye off the ...

Olivier Baudoin

Excellent boitier, très robuste, superbes images Très bon investissement pour un pro, résultats à la hauteur, durée de vie excellente vu le prix d'achat. Problems: La balance des blancs n'est pas toujours très fiable.

It's a very good camera that takes beautiful pictures. The noise is not a problem even at high ISO. Problems: I never had problems.