Canon EOS 300D (EOS Digital Rebel / EOS Kiss Digital) User Reviews

Announced Aug 20, 2003 •
6 megapixels | 1.8 screen | APS-C sensor
pricyl

I do like this camera, but then I like all DSLR`s really. The problem is, is that so many other DSLR's are better. The 300D just lacks too many useful features (tho' a crack firmware exists to allow 10D features). IQ is fine when used correctly. But the 10D doesn't cost that much more used, so get that instead.

good camera for still scenes shootings in RAW mode, but not when you have to make some serial shoots

I purchased the 300D in spring 2004, and used it quite extensively as my first Digital SLR for about a year. I enjoyed the crisp pictures this camera afforded me, the entire time I only used the kit lens, as I found it to be adequate for my needs. The camera is relatively easy to use. Problems: Construction: The 300D just felt cheap in my hands. Maybe it was being spoiled moving from a Nikon N90 35mm SLR, but the 300d just felt like it was going to break if the wind was too strong... Not ...

I've had this camera for over a year and it has rekindled my interest in slr photography. This is a great entry level dslr that produces great images. It also opens a big door to Canon/third party lenses. The use of patches/hack adds extra functionality. Problems: Not the most responsive camera compared to the D70 or Canon XT but for the price I can't complain.

Problems: Unsharp images and poor underexposed flash pictures.

Not a bad camera, although I was expecting better image quality. I previously owned a G2 and in my opinion that camera produced better photos. The advantage here is higher ISO capability and faster focus. Problems: The autofocus sometimes flips out and just starts hunting everywhere for something to focus on.

I am shipping back my EOS 3ood tomorrow. I have been terribly disappointed in the picture quality. I am moving up from a 5 MP point and shoot, so I am not discounting the chance that I am inept. I tried some difficult night time shots where it would not take a blur free image, but I have also taken shots under optimal conditions where I could not print out a decent 4x6 print much less a 16x 23. The Canon people seemed to want to try and find any reason they could to blame something other ...

Great camera for the money. Problems: Problems from day one. All pictures are over exposed and I spend a lot of time editing, even in bright situations. Camera must be defective, wolf camera has heard of this complaint before. I will probably upgrade to D 20.