Canon EOS-1D X

Announced Oct 18, 2011 •
18 megapixels | 3.2 screen | Full frame sensor
Omid Photography

It's fantastic camera, very clean files

Joze Suhadolnik

Worst WB, metering and skin tone in the universe! 7000 euros for that? Buy Canon 6D instead.

Balooziggy

Being one of the recalled cameras for lubrication, it continues with problems, sensor been replaced at my cost even though camera was in warrantee, Shutter box replaced twice in warrantee, dirt and marks are again prevailing on sensor... So where to from here ???  Busy trying to state my case with Canon who do not care at all !!! Now they don't even bother responding !!! Watch out if you considering a 1DX !!!!!

8632Morrison

The 1D X is a remarkable camera. 12 fps and even up to 14 fps with mirror lock, no AF and JPEG's. Bullet proof build and probably as good AF as there is in the business. Super good high ISO quality, I have shot at ISO's like 12800 and found the results to be so good I had a hard time believing it, although typically, I use it more in the 400, 800, 1600 range where the quality is just superlative. It's expensive and it's heavy, but the battery lasts a full long day of shooting in freezing ...

Stuart Hay

I'm a professional photographer who specialises in wedding and commercial photography. When I decided to invest in digital technology many years ago, I chose Canon over the other manufacturers for many reasons, including the build quality, ergonomics, menu layout, software (DPP), image quality and superb back-up one gets from Canon CPS in the UK. To date I've owned 3 of the "1" series cameras, i.e. the 1Ds, 1Ds MK3 and the 1Dx. When the 1Dx was launched I was expecting the results to surpass ...

raoulJ

It's huge, it's heavy... and it works ! This camera is a game-changer for me !

Balooziggy

Best CANON SLR I have ever used, had several other bodies before, both film and digital, but this is just something special, speed and auto focus are on a different level to anything out there.  The build quality is superb, and general handling is fantastic.  Excellent camera, not perfect but then what is? I JUST WISH THAT DPR WOULD ONE DAY HOPEFULLY BEFORE I DIE, DO A FULL REVIEW ON THIS CAMERA!!! AND THE NIKON D4 AS WELL!!! :-(

Uran

I was fortunate enough to test the the canon 1DX against the Nikon D4 I have been shooting Nikon since 1979. For the work I do shooting dogs in action, horse shows eventing,wildlife, weddings, functions and calendars. The 1DX was the best also under for what I do. It was sharper in focus to provide significantly better detail of the hair on a dog, super IQ at functions at Iso 12800. The Nikon D4 was better with people dressed in black with Black hair and darker skin tones. However I have ...

karmal

I had one of Mark III 1d Mark IV but this is better, almost no noise to 12800 ISO, shutter speed awesome, amazing images. With latest firmware you can automatically capture f .8 with 2x converter. Recommended!! Problems: ND