Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III

Announced Aug 20, 2007 •
21 megapixels | 3 screen | Full frame sensor

if you are looking to film anying upscale like a small movie, youtube skit ect this is the camera for you, however to obtain any good footage you will need a good lens upward of $1000 otherwise you are not using the camera to it's full potential. if you are looking for a camera to get nice pictures with i would reccoment not getting this camera because it dose many of the same things that the mark II and I can do with only very minor tweaks that are not worth the price.

Having owned all the 1Ds and D bodies (still own the 1Ds2 and 3), I was disappointed that it was not significantly better than the Mk2. As far as my 2 cameras are concerned, the Mk2 has much, much less noise in the shadow areas. I only shoot at 100 ISO. If the Mk2 had microfocus adjustment I would (maybe) sell the Mk3. Problems: None

XC90BMH

Had the Mk llls for 2 years and have no complaints, now lagging a bit behind Nikon in some respects, so it's now in the top two instead of the market leader. It is true what they say, to get the best from it you have to use Canons top lenses, I have settled for just three as I take mostly landscape images. 70-200 L 2.8 is usm. 24-105 L F4 is usm. 16-35 LMk ll 2.8. + the 1,4 L extender. Any rubbish images, is really my fault and not the cameras. The construction and image quality get 5. ...

I love my 1Ds2 but this camera is better in every way. I hesitated a long time to buy this camera due to all the problems with the AF and my belief that the 1D4 will be a blockbuster. It turns out that this camera has exceeded all my expectations and I got it slightly used for $4400 because of all the negativity. What a bargain! Ergonomics are a huge step forward, noise (lack thereof) is excellent, bracketing with 2-5 shots, shooting info mode is great and allows me to use the back f ...

dhphoto

Fabulous, well specified pro dslr with superb image quality, a great body and great features Problems: MASSIVELY and I mean MASSIVELY too expensive. It's simply not over twice as good as a 1D3 or 5DII, Canon need to rethink their pricing of the pro line.

For Stooopeed ANATAS, who doesn't even own or used a Canon SLR but put all ratings of new Canon cameras with "ones" (even unreleased ones) and put all Nikons with "fives". Modz you can delete this post if all other useless/baseless/invalid opinions are deleted also.

smith43

I did not expect to find the childish chat when I really wanted a serious outside of Canon experience or opinion. I could not be happier with the camera. Having owned many film and digital Nikon products I finally pitched them all and purchased a Mark II before this camera. The Mark III is a big step up in construction and image quality.

milw55

Excellent camera! Simply the best. The full frame is a joy. You can crop as much as you like and it's still tac sharp. Truly amazing. Problems: None at all

Overall, this an amazing camera. Best 35mm digi you can buy (in my humble opinion). I upgraded to this from the 1ds MK II because of some problems I had with info in the low values, causing some serious banding issues with heavy post work. Let me assure you, the MK III does not have this problem. The low values hold up quite well with extensive photoshop work. The image quality is amazing, with more detail than you will likely need. However, that causes some other issues (see "problems" ...

mashida

I love this camera. I am not a professional but have been a avid photographer for 40 years. For the first 35, I was a Nikon fan. For the last 5, I have been using a Canon 5D and I am astonished at how much more detail the 1Ds Mark III captures than the 5D. One thing that always frustrated me about the 5D was the poor focusing performance which led to many missed shots. The 1Ds focusing is incredibly fast and accurate making it not only useful for landscapes/stills but also for subjects ...