Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM

Telephoto zoom lens | Canon EF
ClickJohnClick

It's the baby of Canon's 70-200L lenses, but a real winner if you want superb image quality and fast quiet focus in a package that doesn't weigh like a concrete fence-post.

I have had this lens now for about ten years and it has be help judge other lenses before purchasing them. It is very sharp in its range and very versatile for todays cameras. It also works well with extension tubes for close up work. The image quality and color of images that are produced are very pleasing. I shoot with a monopod at longer lengths and this always helps when using slow shutter speeds. Having this lens for over ten years has let me know what good image quality and lens use is ...

Chandresh Rathor

Its a fantastic Lens Great Optics Light weight Great performance Value for money A must buy lens for wildlife, portraiture. I have been into wildlife and this lens have proved itself time and again. Problems: None

Derrick Louw

After owing an f4 (non IS), then a 2.8 (non IS), then a 2.8 IS, I have now returned to a new f4! Used on 1Ds2 and 1Ds3. Problems: None

spirosk

Now that the cameras take pectures with more than 2000 iso without noise the f/2,8 lenses with three times more the prise of f/4 lenses are needless The same with the IS.You can put higher ISO and you can do without IS.All we have to concern its about the pecture quality and the EF 70-200 F/4 in that case isn't worst than the ef 70-200 f/2,8 its almost three times cheeper and enough smaller and ligter and the pectures you can take with it are allmost perfect.Ι m surelly sugest it.

terapione

EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM is fantastic ! Stop.

Saoirse73

I have a 60D and when I bought it i decided to upgrade a couple of lenses also. I chose two: Canon 70-200 f/4L and Tamron 17-50 non IS. I chose these firstly, after much research, for IQ. The 70-200 f/4 IQ is fantastic. In the past I couldn't shoot against a sky without being unhappy with CA, granted my past lenses were not exactly quality. 70-200 outdoors is almost perfect for what I shoot and this lens is so sharp I rarely even think about IQ anymore, I am spoiled completely. Problems: T ...

Steve oliphant

This lens is simply awesome, i did the focus charts F4 to F8 very little MTF at 100% blowup ,shot the black roof with the overcast light very little aberration ,love the bokeh at F4 this is a very good purchase .On the new cameras 7D RebelT2/T3i 60D there is no need for IS on this lens for half the price.Grab some extension tubes and you have a fantastic macro .For $749.99 it's worth every penny ,fluorite and super UD glass it as good as it gets. Problems: none.