Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM

Wideangle prime lens | Canon EF
BozillaNZ

Perfect FF companion. Only lacking weather seal.

Leicam6

Since getting back into digital, I chose Canon and have been acquiring only prime lenses. I purchased this 35mm after reading all the positive reviews online and before Canon's last rebate expired. Needless to say, I've been very pleased to the point that it rarely leaves the camera body. It allows me to produce sharp images throughout the f-stop range. I was at first concerned that it may not be that sharp wide open, but no need to worry. To my eyes it is as sharp at 1.4 as it is ...

Felipe Rodríguez

Everything is stellar in this lens... Problems: Not having it.

keithinmelbourne

I've had this lens now for 2 years or so. It is a consistent performer that provides photos that have 'the look'. Sometimes it's hard to describe what 'the look' is, but it has a great deal to do with fully open sharpness, beautiful bokeh, rich colour and contrast. I think that it's strong vignette also contribute somewhat. This lens performs best on a FF camera, although I get reasonable results with it on my 1D3.

Robert Marooni

Is a very good lens, sharp from f1.4, good colors, but can be better for the price we pay. I am using it and is my favorite lens, but still has some problems.