Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM

Telephoto prime lens | Canon EF
VikingPhotographer

Not that good for photographing against the light ! Problems: Could be lighter !

8632Morrison

About as good as it gets, unless we compare to the newer version II! Sharp, fast AF, good handling, rock solid build quality, affordably available used, excellent IS. One of the best made by any manufacturer. In light of the newer lens, this one is heavier and the IS probably isn't as good, but the price of the new is extremely high and while it may be sharper ultimately, I cannot justify the expense given just how good this lens is.

Raymondba

Well, Firstley I must say that this is my first telephoto lens so I havent had the chance to compare it to anything. I must still say that it is a fantastik camera lens. It takes superb pictures and its abilaty to change f aperature is amazing. It is really fast and it feels like you really are int he moment when you use it. I always take pictures free hand so I never use a mono or tripod. I was out walking 5k with it yesterday and i must say it gets on the heawy side at times. But if you ...

I believe this lens is the very best available in the Canon lineup. Extremely fast AF, excellent sharpness at all aperture. Works very well with Tc x1.4 and x2. The IS is great and very reactive. The bulk is relative, as the weight. It is a lens you can safely handheld for sport shots or wildlife. Attached to a 1-Serie it is a fabulous photographic "lethal weapon" for many situations. I have great portrait results at very close range.

Pros: Fast aperture, fast and accurate AF, sharpness (no matter which aperture), color, contrast, bokeh..., IS (although I barely use it) Cons: Yes, it's bulky and it's expensive, but you can't really expect such a lens to be cheap and lightweight... This is my workhorse for sports. It always amaze me. Perhaps one of the very best lenses of all the Canon line-up, i.e., one of the best lenses in the world...

NGtraveler

Just received my purchase of this lens from B&H last Sunday. Amazingly fast focus, even on my 5D II. Image quality is the best I've used. Finally able to shoot evening sports, with this baby on hand. Problems: Lens hood and cover not so easy to use. Would prefer a font lens cap included.