Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM

Announced Jun 8, 2012 •
Lens | Canon EF-S

Bought this lens after purchasing EOS 700D kit with 18-55mm STM, extra battery and lens cloth. I then realised that I could have bought the 700D and 18-135mm STM kit (minus the extra battery and lens cloth) for £190 extra. I paid £195 (new) for the lens online. Bargain. This lens covers most situations and works very well with the 700D. Focus is silent and fast, which is great when shooting videos. The zoom range means less lens changing is needed. I carry 10-18mm STM, 55-250mm IS II, and ...

James Willing

I took the punt and opted for the 70D to include this lens... Boy am I glad that I did! This Lens blew me away, OK sure I am just getting started in the world of photography but for a kit lens! There are some pretty mixed reviews out there about this bit of glass, but for me this is my go too lens! it lives on my camera 50% of the time. It's a pleasure to use, well made, nice zoom range, sharp, fast considering its f/stop and it is a KIT LENS!! sure it doesn't have the zoom of a huge ...

baladeur

When I owned a Canon 7D, the kit lens was an 18-135. I could never fault it.  Wanting something lighter when I retired I sold on the camera and lens. Several mistakes later, I've now bought a Canon 700D with the 18-135 IS STM lens. I've used it on walks, low light, action shots of grandchildren, portraits and so on.  It's every bit as good as I had hoped. It's sharp, responsive and doesn't weigh a ton. I've no plans to buy any other lenses because I don't think I'll need them.

Bobsweet50

I have owned the 18-135mm STM lens for about 6 months now.  Having said that, I feel it is one of the best Canon non "L" lenses on the market.  It is quiet, fast, sharp as a tack and one I leave on my 7-D all the time.  It is excellent for younger children's athletic events - have a comfortable equivalent range of 29-200mm. The only downside which I have realized is that when you attempt to manually focus, the lens does not do so, it's almost like a dummy switch when I try to use it.  The ...

Great all round lens, only sold it because I have 15-85 mm lens.

This lens is really great. The image quality is astonishing for that price and that zoom range. The stabilizer is great (also 1" shutter speed at 18mm and the picture was ok!) and the autofocus is pretty good. If you need a really generic lens for all the travel situation, you want this one attacched to your camera. This one is completely different from the IQ of the old version. Reccomended

I am using this lens on my 7d camera, it is really good in term of build, sharpness, good close-up shooting, super fast and quiet focus with good focal range. It's really good value for an EF-S lens.

The Canon 18-135mm Kit lens is a great walk-around lens. Especially since it is equivalent to 200mm full frame. The autofocus on this lens responds immediately which surprised me because it was only a kit lens. Paired with the 70D it is, for right now, the only lens that I need.

A 28-216 for practical purposes, this lens has good range and better than average optics. Coupled with the SL1 this is the most power you can pack in such small package. As most, I do have more lenses, a Tokina 11-16 f2.8 and Canon 70-300 IS USM which serve me well But when traveling light, the SL1 / 18-135 STM combo is as good as it gets.

the most fast and silent focus I have ever seen also fast and silent is the IS worth 100% the money