Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM

Announced Jun 8, 2012 •
Lens | Canon EF-S

the most fast and silent focus I have ever seen also fast and silent is the IS worth 100% the money

Bobsweet50

I have owned the 18-135mm STM lens for about 6 months now.  Having said that, I feel it is one of the best Canon non "L" lenses on the market.  It is quiet, fast, sharp as a tack and one I leave on my 7-D all the time.  It is excellent for younger children's athletic events - have a comfortable equivalent range of 29-200mm. The only downside which I have realized is that when you attempt to manually focus, the lens does not do so, it's almost like a dummy switch when I try to use it.  The ...

bought this lens as an all purpose lens on a trip to Uluru (Ayers Rock Australia) Used it on 60D, the results were excellent . Would recommend this lens.

I bought this lens as a kit with my 650d after testing many many lens. Technically this lens made me buy a canon body because initially had my heart set on a Nikon. I find this lens focuses very fast regardless whether it is indoor, outdoor or low light. I don't like using the pop-up flash indoors and it also focuses great without the AF assist (which i find very annoying). These were the lenses i played around with over many weeks: - Canon 18-135mm STM (of course) - Canon 18-135 IS (not much ...