Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM

Announced Jun 8, 2012 •
Lens | Canon EF-S

I am using this lens on my 7d camera, it is really good in term of build, sharpness, good close-up shooting, super fast and quiet focus with good focal range. It's really good value for an EF-S lens.

The Canon 18-135mm Kit lens is a great walk-around lens. Especially since it is equivalent to 200mm full frame. The autofocus on this lens responds immediately which surprised me because it was only a kit lens. Paired with the 70D it is, for right now, the only lens that I need.

A 28-216 for practical purposes, this lens has good range and better than average optics. Coupled with the SL1 this is the most power you can pack in such small package. As most, I do have more lenses, a Tokina 11-16 f2.8 and Canon 70-300 IS USM which serve me well But when traveling light, the SL1 / 18-135 STM combo is as good as it gets.

the most fast and silent focus I have ever seen also fast and silent is the IS worth 100% the money

Bobsweet50

I have owned the 18-135mm STM lens for about 6 months now.  Having said that, I feel it is one of the best Canon non "L" lenses on the market.  It is quiet, fast, sharp as a tack and one I leave on my 7-D all the time.  It is excellent for younger children's athletic events - have a comfortable equivalent range of 29-200mm. The only downside which I have realized is that when you attempt to manually focus, the lens does not do so, it's almost like a dummy switch when I try to use it.  The ...

bought this lens as an all purpose lens on a trip to Uluru (Ayers Rock Australia) Used it on 60D, the results were excellent . Would recommend this lens.

I bought this lens as a kit with my 650d after testing many many lens. Technically this lens made me buy a canon body because initially had my heart set on a Nikon. I find this lens focuses very fast regardless whether it is indoor, outdoor or low light. I don't like using the pop-up flash indoors and it also focuses great without the AF assist (which i find very annoying). These were the lenses i played around with over many weeks: - Canon 18-135mm STM (of course) - Canon 18-135 IS (not much ...