Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM

Announced Aug 20, 2007 •
Wideangle prime lens | Canon EF

Well if you are in need of a wide angle prime this is the one for you! I would have a look at the 16-35mm II before making a decision. I just returned home from Dubai and that is one city that really can handle a wide angle lens. It is a nice lens for high buildings and landscapes. If you are in need for space the lens will perform like a charm. i would have preferred a f1.8 but you cant get everything. I shoot full frame with this lens and it is stunning from centre to corner and with my ...

RAVke

I've been using this lens for over 3 years now and i've tested it very well. With a very wide angle of 114° it's ideal for large spaces! I love it when I'm doing my urbex trips. 50% of my pics are taken with this lens. I even do macro pics with it! The distance to an object is very short (a few centimeters). The only problem with this lens is that at f2.8 the corners aren't very sharp. You'll have to switch to f8-f11 and then this problem is solved.

In all measurable ways a great lens and I get a lot of good comments of the photos I've taken with it. Problems: I've always liked wide angle lenses and thought the wider the better but this is really a super specialty lens. Probably the only one I've regretted buying. Not because it in any way it doesn't do what it's meant to do and do it well but because I really don't use it much for the cash outlay. So just really think about how you are going to use it is all I'm saying.

sneakyracer

Hi, This is an excellent lens. It is a HUGE improvement over the original version. It has pretty low distortion and absolutely excellent sharpness corner to corner from about f5.6 and up. Color and contrast are both excellent also and flare is well controlled for such a wide lens. AF and build quality are both superb. I believe this is the best 14mm lens made and one of the best super wide angles available today. Problems: slight CA that is easily corrected. wish it had more blades in the ...

What I DO Problems: I bought a new above said lese, I used in my new Canon Mark II camera but I am not satisfied with this. It not giving a crispy sharp at short or long distance,as I found in Nikon Camera & lenses.Reason what.