Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM

Telephoto macro prime lens | Canon EF
Jacobl

These are the subjective impressions of a proud owner of a lens.. not a MTF discussion. I got the lens second hand after thinking that I really don't need a macro lens, and the $450 I paid for it could go to a bunch of other more helpful things. Well, I was wrong. This is the sharpest lens I've eve had the pleasure of working with. I have some nice L lenses but this one is probably as sharp as it gets. To quote Hattori Hanzo in Kill Bill, " I can tell you with no ego, this is my finest sword. ...

Oceans Media

This is one super sharp lens! Yes it lacks IS but if you use a tripod or have a steady hand then you are going to get great results from this macro lens.

jamesphotoj

Super macro lens at a great price. Problems: This lens is so sharp, you can get paper cuts.

Roel Jansen

For a long time I wanted to expand my hobby to real Macro photography. Reading a lot about it, it also became clear that a 100 mm lens is better than a 50 mm lens but both work well! First I bought a Tripod from Benro, really amazing quality for the price! second after reading a lot reviews about Macro lenses, I for two reasons bought the Canon 100 mm f/2.8 Macro USM. Most important was that I read that only Canon macro lenses don't get longer when used but keep the original shape. Second was ...

GraphicsArea

Great lens for portrait and macro. Perfect blurred background and very sharp. Well built. For crop sensor cameras makes also a good telephoto lens.

MAHZ2011

It is one of the best lens that I used ,It has a very sharp focus

brunovd

drwho9437

There is one word for this lens: Sharp. This was the first lens I ever shot that made me know what sharp really was. Taking a picture with it just makes you go aohhhh wow. It isn't the fastest lens to focus but don't think it is only useful for macro work. It can stand in as a nice little telephoto at needed. It is like most macros essentially free of distortions. It is just a great optic. There is really nothing wrong with it, focus system great, optical quality great, price fair, build fine. ...