Canon PowerShot SX40 HS

Announced Sep 15, 2011 •
Berrin

I love canon power shot especially when my kid is playing water polo and I need to zoom in and shoot :-)

iGio

I use this camera for 3 months and I am very happy with it. It takes excellent pictures. Picture quality is very good in low light as well. Zoom is amazing, image stabilization works perfect, video is fine, a lot of customized settings. Performance is not lightning fast but it is ok. Canon sx40 meets all my requirements. It is the best choice for this price indeed. Problems: None

Sari

I have used this camera for my trip to Africa and believe it is a replacement of all my gear SLR, zoom, wide angle and macro lenses. Guys, I wouldn't go through details, but this is an excellent camera that you won't appreciate until you try it yourself. Problems: NON

nkareti

Its just Awesome.. The picture is equal to that of a SLR camera, when u take pictures at nearer distance.. Till the 35X Zoom, u will get very good picture quality. If u use tripod, then there is no doubt in the quality of picture.. The digital zoom is also good in good light conditions. I am enjoying with this camera from 2 months and I have taken so many pictures...Unbelievable zoom and quality in this range.. Professionals buy SLR and shoot pictures at closer distances and buying lens is ...

I got SX40 last month and enjoing my photography hobby.This camera fiils all the need of any enthusiast. thanks to CHDK which makes this camera outstanding and far away from any other bridge camera. I suggest if you are going from simple Point & shoot to DSLR , Do consider SX40.Forget about RAW and ultra high speed shutter CHDK will provide you. Pros:Very stable even at full zoom, exellent video quality,Camera auto intelligent works perfeclty. Cons: Only one thing missing is manual zoom barrel.

Vince II Escosio

this is great wildlife and nature camera! BOOM! WITH ITS 35x zooooooooooooooooooooooooom!

gyellowstone

Bought the camera for Yellowstone wildlife. Love it, high sensitivity is real. Was easily able to photograph elk and bison at dusk. Was also able to take excellent photos indoors without flash at the Dinosaur Museum in Thermopolis. Rapid focus, and the burst mode works great. (Had to first teach myself blind panning as screen goes blank duing burst photography). Camera is quick to use, a must for suddenly appearing wildlife. Best wildlife camera I have ever used.

Only had the SX40 for a week or so, but already I can see how much better it is than the SX30 it replaced. The noise level on the photos is less, the IS is absolutely phenomenal even at the longest zoom. Amazing how rock steady the video is. 10 frames per second is darn fast, and works as advertised. Canon finally figured out the megapixel race needs to be limited to a reasonable amount that is based on the sensor size. 12 megapixels for this camera looks to be the sweet spot. Much ...

I have been using it for few days. Great camera with magnificant zoom property. I have not chance to test it in nature but it perpormed nicely in close-door pictures.