Canon PowerShot SX100 IS

Announced Aug 20, 2007 •
aVolanche

Bought this used as a backup/small camera to my Canon dslrs. I previously has other P&S cams (Panasonic FZ28, Panny DMC-ZS7-aka TZ10) and this one has much better color and overall image quality. I do miss an optical viewfinder and wish the flash recycled faster........Otherwise, it is superb! Problems: slow flash recycling

nibor2

I own this awesome camera for over a year and love it! Wish the pics were a little sharper. The VGA videos in good light are supperb. It's true that recharging time for the camera flash is bit too long, but sill love it and take it everywhere i go. Paid for mine $260, but now you can buy it in on amazon.com for about $500! Problems: Never had problems with this jewel!

This is great camera producing beautiful images in almost every situation! The only thing which is missing is wide angle... Problems: Flash recharging time is slow - I do think this is not so bad trade-off for using 2 AA-size batteries; with pack of 4 2700 mAH Ni MH batteries on a trip I can have up to 700 - 800 images - more then enough

Wonderfull little camera with a lot of features from CANON. Exellent image, battery life, zoom. Problems: Only the recharge flash time but it is not a real problem.

I have already 4 photo cameras.The 2 of which are an analogic and the other 2 are digital.But this one is really good! This camera is bad only in APERTURE VALEY! It hasn't enough apreture valey (F16 F22 F30, etc.), but the 6.0-60mm focal length is really good fact and only this fact makes this camera's lens a telephoto lens!

Very Excellent camera...I have done a thorough research comparing TZ5 and SX 100..Attracted by the design of TZ5, i have almost decided to purchase it but luckly i got an oppertunity to take pictures using these cameras. Considering the image quality, TZ 5 is not coming any where near to SD100..if we use 10x zoom..TZ 5 is loosing the quality and not getting bright pictures..where as SD100 is capturing bright real pictures..I am very impressed with this camera. Problems: Canon can improve the ...

osprey

This is a great camera for simple P&S and also reasonable manual capabilities. This camera enable my family members including my 8 year old to just point and shoot with great result. At the same time it is able to satisfy my desires to shoot with some manual controls. More importantly the 10x zoom at 360mm equivalent really puts my subject close. For the price of the camera, you cannot get anything better than this. For some samples of the pictures, go to: http://smalldot.org/g2

originally im planning to buy fujifilm finepix s8000fd but when i compared the images between the two i end up to buy cannon sx100 is.i like the style of fuji but i think images that counts and that's what every camera is for.untill now i have no regret for my decision. Problems: might slip in my hand.

The construction does feel kind of cheap, but I find it sturdy. Maybe it's me, but I feel that the camera may slip from my hands - the finish feels slippery. Features are really good you have manual control over aperture, shutter speed, custom options - contrast, sharp, saturation, etc. I cannot comment on quality of video I have not used it- I purchased to take pictures not video. Nice and convenient layout of buttons and menus. Image quality is excellent - I'm very happy with this ...

I bought it for my wife as a present. It takes great pictures. It focuses very good and it has a great photo review options. I have a Nikon DSLR with a very nice 17-55mm lens and this little camera takes photos just as good for average everyday use. The biggest draw back in comparison is the lack of flash power which of course you would expect. Problems: No problems. Great camera. No optical viewfinder which is no real problem. Neat little pop-up flash.