Canon PowerShot SD770 IS (Digital IXUS 85 IS)

Announced Mar 13, 2008 •

this camera is very easy to use and the resulting picture is very satisfying compact in the hand and is quite tiny

I gave the SD770 IS a 4.0 for features simply because I like full manual controls. The SD770 IS lacks these by design - it's a point-and-shoot aimed at beginners. That said, the AF is fast and accurate, Face Detection works impressively well (even reduces flash output when it detects faces in the frame to avoid blowing them out w/ overpowered flash), IS works well (adding a couple of stops) and Canon's color is much improved from just a few years ago. My wife is very happy with her SD770, ...

Like others, I bought this camera because it is only the size of a deck of cards, yet takes excellent pictures. Sure, it's not a professional camera, but try putting a digital SLR with lens in your pocket! Manual mode does give the user some control, but don't expect things like a aperture-priority setting. The large screen allows the camera to let you know what the major settings are at a glance. Also, I set the 770 to give me an instant histogram, which really helps me get the most out of ...

A nice compact camera with a big problem! Problems: There is a white line in the lcd monitor, also in the taken picture. The problem may be from the image sensor. I talked to technical service and they didn't propose any solution.

I bought my first digital compact camera in 2000 and I have encountered quite a few of them over the years. Canon, Sony, Nikon and a few others. This is overall the best small compact I have ever used. You can also get waterproof casing for it, and it works great as well both for casual use on the beach and water sports. Problems: This camera both take great pictures and look great. Be careful when you introduce this camera to girlfriends/wifes which have birthdays. It might suddenly turn ...

i've used many cameras, but this little gem is always on my belt. you can see top images on flicker from this camera here, where my image is #1 :) http://www.flickr.com/cameras/canon/powershot_sd770_is/ and some of my own here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/napix/3087228264/

Excellent easy to use camera, auto mode suitable foralmost all situations. Can have long exposures like 10s for night photography. Excellent picture quality. The print button can be configured for other useful purposes. Problems: Some of the useful shooting modes are selected by going through second level menu.(Through DISP button) AWB is not accurate always, but manual override is available. Slightly expensive compared to similar models, but the picture quality talks for itself.

As a professional photographer, I use pro Nikon DSLRs in my work every day. However, when I go out to a restaurant in the evening, I usually don't like carrying around monster size cameras and 20 pounds worth of gear to shoot a snapshot. The people I am with also don't like me to turn the restaurant into a production studio either. So I bought the Canon 770 IS just to take snapshots that have high image quality, and I couldn't be happier. I can carry this camera easily in my jean's pocket and ...

I don't usually submit reviews but this little camera is exceptional. I've had numerous digital cameras over the years from a G5 when I started to a G9 just recently (and many in between) but I have to say this little SD770 is very special. If you are looking for a high quality ultra compact camera, & don't need a wide angle lens, then this is a great choice. Problems: No problems as of yet.

I have had Fuji, canon s45 and casio s770. My new camera canon sd770 is the best camera i ever had. This camera is awesome in good light and in low light, the pics are crisp and clear with vivid natural colors. The pics that I've taken are all beautiful, if there is a little blurriness in them it is only my mistake. So if you need a camera that easily hides in your pocket and takes gorgeous photos buy this one. I paid for mine $229.95 on Amazon.com Problems: No problems at all (*_*)