Canon PowerShot S300 (Digital IXUS 300)

Announced Feb 11, 2001 •

This camera was quite good back when it first came out, but 10 years later it's totally obsolete. Might as well give this away rather than bother to try to sell it. There's no particular retro charm to the photos it takes.

This is an excellent point and shoot. Not a lot of features, but it takes excellent photos with a minimum of fuss. Seem to be very well built. ArcSoft editing software was very easy to understand and quite useful. I bought this used for only $200, which is quite a good value! Problems: Macro could be better. I'd like to see more adjustability. Movie mode is too short. Max resolution is only 4 seconds. Why?

it's a good digital camera, compact and precise. Fast, light and with a good design. Problems: I hope that they will improve the sensibility iso, from 100 (actual) to at least 400 iso and they will bring it, in the next versions, to the same power of resolution of the new digital ixus v3, leaving however the zoom from 3x (35mm 105mm).

This is my first digital camera.i enjoy it for almost a year.From this forum I learn to buy an additional battery and 128 mb. I buy also the underwater housing,and it works well to 30 m (100 ft) depth.Compared to film underwater cameras,the small digital is a pleasure! Ienjoy the screen,zoom,autofocus,macro and flash.Ieven erase pictures underwater when the card was full. on the other side, the flash is weak and the lens port is in his way. thanks zeev

had it for nine months. Fairly good images. depends on settings. See fish photo on http://www.grayling.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/frontgrayling.jpg. This is one of the better pictures ive taken. Auto shutter speed can be a little slow. softens finished picture as result. easy to carry anywhere. gallery on my web page http://www.graylinghunter.co.uk has lots of recent pictures 'wildlife shots river and a lot of fish' I dont regret buying the camera Problems: in dispute with canon service over fault ...

I think the camera size is excellent which is the main reason why I bought the camera. Fits in your pocket...and takes fantastic shots. Nice wide angle lens...I reccomend the camera. 2.1 megapixels is fine if you are not printing large prints...or shooting professionally. I am a web developer...so low res is fine with me. Problems: I purchased the CANON water housing for the camera. It is terrible. The housing leaked on the second time in the water and destroyed my camera. Canon weren't ...

Generally good camera. I used for about half a year and find the picture quality good, and the bundled software complete for most daily operation. The construction is good - my baby dropped it to the floor (~3') and no problem found. Problems: - Flash too weak - better to use slow shutter than using flash if subject distance > 8' - ISO rating fixed, harder to take indoor shot

What a great little camera. Not too small to be fiddlesome but small enough to carry easily. The pics are great and are better than produced from my Olympus SLR via a mass developer. Superb build quality. My wife was able to take great shots with this with no instruction. Good price now as it is being replaced. Problems: There are few manual features, but this camera is designed to enable fast quality shots with minimum fuss. Flash can give a little red eye, but thats common to many ...

As a Photogapher who has been acustomed to using a Nikon SLR format. This little camera being bought for me, for my Birthday, by my Wife is a Revelation!. With a Large Family in tow, ranging from 18 months to 11 years old there isn't much room on outings for Cameras (video & stills) This baby is definately the solution. Compact and easy to use you can do panoramic, Macro, and small video takes. and all this can fit in to the Wifes Handbag leaving you free for other things. The Picture ...