Canon Elph 115 IS (IXUS 132 HS)

Announced Jan 29, 2013 •

This camera is very small yet has a nice zoom reach. Lens optics are okay, nothing to write home about and the images can be rather noisy when the camera is used indoors under available light. Videos are quite nice but will sometime pulsate bright and dim due to the flicker of some artificial lighting and the cameras 25fps frame rate. After shooting a video there is an annoying delay of several seconds as the camera processes the video. The slim battery in these small cameras don't hold much ...

Last year, I bought a fleet of A4000 for my Cameras as Computing Systems course students. This year, I added a fleet of ELPH115IS. They are pretty much the same camera.... Differences: (1) Sensor, general capabilities, and pricing are all similar: an excellent compact CHDK camera with no aperture control (but an ND filter), a 16MP CCD sensor supporting only up to 720 video, and a lens that distorts a lot at the wide end and is corrected in-camera

Jeff Peterman

The specifications shown here for the 115 IS are actually those for the 110 HS! This camera has an 8x zoom, starting at 28mm, a 2.7" rear LCD, a slower lens, a smaller sensor, and only shoots up to 720p video, not 1020p video. If you want the faster 5x zoom and the better video, get the 110 HS.

Robyn Puffin

Very good Camera, sharp pictures and nice colors, Canon is a guarantee. The only small cons are the keys which are rather difficult to touch and the battery life which is poor.

MY BACKGROUND: I recently lost my 300hs again because it is so small. LOL This is the best replacement over the 320HS because I just didn't want a touchscreen or GPS which runs the batteries down. Why do I get excited every time I get a new point and shoot? I keep expecting to be surprised and for things to improve. I'm a long time fan of Canon point and shoots, but I use Nikon DSLR's because of their aggressive aliasing and noise reduction. I work in the professional printing ...