Canon PowerShot A630

Announced Aug 24, 2006 •
JeannieE

Many more features and choices on this camera than on my Kodak DX 7440. Very good in low light and takes nice indoor pictures without flash as a rule. Easy to turn on and off, unlike the Kodak. I love the Canon software with the Zoom Browser; hated the Kodak Easy Share software and was thrilled to get rid of it on my computers. Uses 4 AA batteries which means you can get new batteries anywhere if your rechargeables run out (except in the forest and am considering a Solio for that.) Problems: ...

A Real Bargain! Easy to use, bright lens, very sharp. Well built, a lot of features. Good quality images (80-200 ISO). Problems: Noisy at 400-800 ISO.

MPeD

I bought the A710IS first, but ended up returning it in favor of this camera, the A630. You can read my full comparison between the two cameras in the A710IS review if you want, but to summarize, the A630 costs around $100 LESS than the A710IS, and in my opinion takes much BETTER pictures, especially at night. I have nothing bad to say about this camera at all, I like everything about it. I don't care that the LCD doesn't have super duper resolution - that's not what its for people! Its ...

gxcDesign

Why get the A640? This camera is already what the A620 people dreamed it would be, with the huge 2.5" swivel screen, and 1cm macro like the A610/A620. This is going to be a great camera for years to come. Problems: SD card slot now underneath battery door.

bog173