Canon PowerShot A530

Announced Feb 21, 2006 •
batonique

Hi. I've been having A530 since XMas '06. Most of the time I used it during my week (or 2)-lasting trips into the Mountains, but it wasn't obviously the only moments I used it. I couldn't tell so far, despite opinions of many photo-sites, wheter it is a manufacturer's fault, or my fault. However, as far as I remember, the camera was taking pictures that were extremely blurry in lower left and upper right corners. And it wasn't just a small distortion, as by the corners I mean big areas of ...

pja51 A530

Problems: I can not get the EOS utility to work in Windows XP Professional All buttons are greyed out excpet the very last and the preferences button. I know that the camera connects, because I can hear the connect tone, and the main EOS menu pops up. Any ideas?

Very nice camera, just a little heavy to the pocket. I've shot nice pictures with it, mostly in outdoor. Problems: Not so nice to night shots and portrait, using or not its flash

nocando

Good still images. Movies appear a little jerky, and noise on zoom. Problems: Movie images are now black and white with a slight sepia tone. Contacted Canon by email, was told to send it under guarantee to one of their repairers, Did that, but company telephoned me to say it should not have been sent there. Contacted Canon - eventually - who seem to be at a loss what to do, hence my camera is still with the wrong repairer!!

the cheese

I've received this camera in exchange for my broken A70, which I think is excellent service from Canon. This is an improvement in many ways: - Higher resolution - 4x zoom - Higher ISO up to 800 - Faster focus - Losts of features (Not many that I care about) It's a great snapshot cam for a very reasonable price. Problems: I am a little dissapointed in the improvements Canon has made with regards to noise. ISO 400 is almost as noisy as my 3-year old A70 ISO 400. (Fuji did much better in the F20 ...

I only got this camera as a gift after my brother broke my Sony's screen....and I am so sorry I accepted his offer! The image quality is so bad as to defy belief. The noise on this camera is simply amazingly bad. And the battery usage? Forget about it...simply too little out of a set of 2600mAh. I'll give this to my kids to play with. The ease of use , and of course solid construction expected from Canon is okay. Problems: Too much noise on picture. Even at 100% This is unacceptable. Batterie ...

the camera is fine and its have a good resolution. the only point of concern is the power-consumption. Problems: no