Canon PowerShot A470

Announced Jan 24, 2008 •
7 megapixels | 2.5 screen | 38 – 132 mm (3.5×)

I bought this camera to keep at hand when a photo opportunity pops up. I found the image quality to be very good for a camera like this , it's also very easy to use . Problems: noise at anything above ISO 400 , slow flash recycle time as well as between shots . lack of IS mode is my biggest gripe .

I bought this camera as a "Carry anywhere" point and shoot when I dont have my DSLR with me. The camera produces colourful punchy photos and the 7.1 Mega-pixels is more than enough. I have never found a camera that is as easy to use, If you want an OK photo just by turning the camera to Auto and pressing a button... Look no further. (Dont forget you have to hold the button half way down before you take the shot) However.. The camera is very basic and the construction of the camera is also ...

yasop

I love this camera. VALUE FOR MONEY Problems: Very slow in flash recycling time

Bought it to replace a refurbished SD870 IS that LCD failed in 90 days. Lowest price in it's category with sufficient features. Problems: Battery and memory chip door was very difficvult to open so I returned it. You get what you pay for.

Bought it to replace a refurbished A470 that lost it's LCD within 90 days. Lowest price for small camera with basic features. Problems: Battery and memory card door was very difficult to open so I returned the camera.

Redalireza

Not bad :) Good Quality with less mony, I'm satisfied with it.

YPPH

POOR QUALITY - Broke on 2nd day - kept getting battery warning and message "Change the batteries". Replaced all batteries with fully charged (and tested) batteries (including the small CR1220 clock time battery), but it did not stop the problem. Took it back to place of purchase and they replaced it. The next A470 then stopped working on the 2nd day of use, with the lens stuck in extended position and the message "Lens Error. Restart Camera". Tried everything and couldn't get it working. Sear ...