Canon PowerShot 350

Announced Jul 16, 1997 •
unit63

There ought to be a place for a camera like this always! Many people, like me, just bought the 350 as a first digital but ended up taking thousands of pics. This is a GREAT cam. Mine lasted about 5 years until I pushed it a little too far at a Gallagher performance. The two best features of the 350 are; exelent macro and pretty good low light capability. This camera was also released as the Konica Q-mini and as a Panasonic also. The difference, I'm told is the Canon version had better ...

In case any of you are thinking of buying a used version of this camera... I bought mine in Japan the year it came out..... it was cutting edge... I loved it. I have since upgraded obviously however I still have this old thing sitting around it takes decent web pics, and is a sturdy little thing.

nic.v

With excitement I bought this camera in 1998 ($500 AU) I had no idea about digital photography then. The photos that I posted on the net were great. Camera is simple to use, and does have adequate features. For net applications this camera is durable and it works hard. Problems: Battery consumption is woeful! but I strongly recommend NiMhid batteries; At least you can match the camera with say 16Meg of memory and go out and shoot all day without lugging a dead camera after 30 mins.

It works great and really satisfied with the pictures that it takes, i even bought another one just for safe keeping! strongley recommend this camra! Problems: None so far........ but it seems to be a great camra.

Last for ever. Have teken about 5000 pictures. The macro zoom you can get a fealin with. Problems: the downloding program will crach if picture is corrupted

Very solid, Cheap with lott of good features

Price is really affordable but Features are less. Problems: Not Any!!

Michi

the camera is primitive and cost far too much 3 years ago Problems: it has so little features, it doesn't even have a viewer.... so what can go wrong?

Will not download to windowsXP, Canon says get a SanDisk reader. I did and works great. Prefer SanDisk reader anyway. I am happy with the camera, quality of images. My Canon power shot is about 4 years old and works great. Problems: Green light doesn't come on when NiCad batteries are charged.

I use this camera mainly for close up work for posting pictures to ebay. It is difficult to focus with the manual macro focus feature. Also the time out timer is way too short, when combined with the fact that it takes a while to focus; it can be quite frustrating when you think you have just gotten the right focus and the thing turns off on you. It is worth the effort however as it takes truly amazing close ups that reveal detail that is easily missed with the naked eye. Problems: Eats ...