Agfa ePhoto CL18

Announced Apr 12, 2000 •
0 megapixels | 45 mm
Mentor ron

Good VGA (640x480) resolution for a CMOS camera at under $100. (I paid $10). Only CCD sensor cameras beat it. Nice features for the price. Can take images under normal room lighting if camera on solid support to avoid movement. Does not take night pictures (e.g. outdoors). Flash does not take into account subject distance, so best shots are at about 4-6 feet. A worthwhile improvement can be made by downloading Irfanview viewer and using it's settings to sharpen (1 or 2 clicks) and ...

if you're simply looking for soemthing to have some cheap fun, then this is for you. I have had mine for over a year now, and I got my moneys worth in the first week. If you're looking for something to take quality digital pictures, look elsewhere, but if you just want something to snap quick shots of stuff at a reasonable quality, then it should do the trick. The camera likes to have good lighting for both pictures and the webcam function. It is easy and simple to setup/use. Problems: none

nice small point and shoot camera. Iimage quality is quite decent for outdoor shots, though is pretty lacking for indoor. This camera also doubles as a web cam, and so is a pretty good buy all in all. If you want to see some photos I've taken with it head on over to www.kickme.to/wildchild978 Problems: Back when I first bought this camera there was no Linux support, but there is now with Gphoto2, so everything's cool!

I've only had mine for a week, and have found it be a decent camera for the money.Its easy to use and the software makes it easy to retrieve the photos. I'd say this camera is an exellent "first camera" , for the price !! Problems: Images tend to be dark when using camera as a webcam.

Picked this up at Staples for $49! ($79 with a $30 rebate). Flash, timer, LED info panel, web cam(15 FPS), carry case, weighted desk top swivel stand, USB and TV/VCR out(NTSC/PAL), on PC fully USB powered, 2 image quality levels, automatic exposure control. Central 75% of picture is very good, but blurred/swirled around the edges. I hope to get better with practice.

Under construction, I afraid that the door covering the USB connection seems flimsy although I've had no problems with it. The picture quality is excellent for an inexpensive camera. The auto exposure seems to be (almost) a center spot metering which causes exposure problems under unusual lighting conditions. Overall, I'm quite pleased with the camera.