Agfa ePhoto 1680

Announced May 10, 1998 •
jamminb

Given that this review is made more than 6 years after purchasing the camera, and that cameras have improved vastly in the intervening time, I'm speaking from my own experience and not from a current knowledge of presently available cameras (which would tend to make this Agfa fall short in comparison). So. I have enjoyed this Agfa and have used it extensively over the years, mostly for web-related purposes and only occasionally for printing. I chose it from among the admittedly narrow field ...

I have had the camera for about two years. In that time I have taken several thousand pictures. Overall, I have been very pleased. I like the swivel feature of the lens; very good for taking pictures over crowds. Lens takes pretty good pictures, red-eye good. Downside, low ISO; pictures tend to be a bit dark unless very sunny day.

Harry

This camera was a good camera at its time and its pictures are pretty good, generally well focused with decent colors. The split body is a real advantage. You can hold the camera over your head or near the floor and see exactly what you are taking a picture of. I still like this camera, but it has some problems. Software is good. Camera never given a quality related problem in 3 years I've had. It's been used hard, but never dropped. Exposure is generally good, but variable (one ...

Talvan

I have had my camera for about a year and a half now. It takes good pictures, and i love the split body design. I have tried a 32mb card with mine, and thought something was wrong when it wouldnt format it. turns out it can only use up to the 16mb card. Also i love the sleep mode, really saves on battery power and start up time. If you need some help or have questions, email me, i will see what i can do. Problems: can only use 16mb card, and had to get a usb reader since it only has serial cable.

I have had this camera for almost 2 years works great. Picture quality excellent for it's time. Looking at higher pixel camera but still have not been able to spend the big bucks when my Agfa is still producing great pictures. Problems: Manual says camera can ownly use up to a 16 meg smart memory. i would like to buy a 64 meg card but I cannot find out if it will work with this camera. Anybody out there that has try this?