Sony Alpha DSLR-A700

Announced Sep 6, 2007 •
12 megapixels | 3 screen | APS-C sensor
randazzo

It's just what I needed. I loved the A100 but it was much slower than the A700. The A700 fits in my hand like a glove. Higly recommended. At the end of the year I'll buy me another one. Problems: None

Question: Does Sony DSLR-A700 allow to imprint date on the images?

The high torxion focus motor of the A700 was what impressed me the most, when I first tried it a few weeks back. Now, a week after I received my own A700, I'm still very impressed. Even my sluggish Sigma 135-400 APO has become fast enough to track a small dog running towards me! AF is very fast, and also quite precise! Almost everything can be customized - behaviors of dials and buttons etc., and the screen is second to NONE. I've tried the EOS 40D at several occasions - the screens, although ...

Wow, I must say I am very impressed with this camera. I didn't know what to expect. I have never owned a Sony or Minolta dSLR, but came into some Minolta glass and so I bought an a700 even though I already own two Canon dSLRs. To sum up the a700: excellent in every respect. Image quality is fabulous, camera is built very well, AF is quick and accurate and that LCD puts my Canons to shame. I would take this feature over the current state of Live View any day of the week. The sharpness of the L ...

RugbyFiend

Beautiful camera, balances nicely in hands, great ergonomics. Picture quality was phenominal, especially with 16-80CZ. Shooting sports photos turned out surprisingly well. I would definatly recommend this camera to any person considering themselves an "advanced amateur." Problems: None as of yet! ISO button oddly placed, but easily fixable with the Customizeable button.

I love the feel of it in my hands. The four buttons on the top, I think, are far superior to the little info screen that's on most cameras. The 3inch LCD screen is fantastic ... as is the "CUSTOM and FN buttons". To me, everything I use regularly, is right on the outside and quick and handy to get to. When I saw that it used a joy stick for navigation, I was a little worried, but after using it for a few days, no worries...I love it! RAW photos look great ... I'm still checking the ...

gzn

I was able to use most functions without reading the manual. The AF is fast using the 18-70 kit lens, a 18-200 Sony lens and an old Maxxum 7000 vintage Minolta 50mm 1.4 AF lens. SteadyShot is excellent - I have been taking ISO 6400 existing light 1 sec handheld exposures at 70mm f8 with no blur. Images are noisy at 6400 but good color and useable.

AlphaAlex

Have had Minolta 5D, Alpha 100 before this one. Surprised by its speed, in terms of focusing/ startup/ shot to shot/ review. I really like the quick navi function implemented. The 3" LCD screen is just gorgeous. I have not seen a better one than this. Way to go, Sony! Problems: The grip is a bit loose, I must have got a lemon?