Sony Alpha DSLR-A700

Announced Sep 6, 2007 •
12 megapixels | 3 screen | APS-C sensor

As a loyal Minolta user for many years and a person who loved my 7D I waited through the A100 and was glad I did. This is a true upgrade! It satisfies at every level from increaed focus speed to lower noise and higher resolution. there are so many options and modes that it will take me a long time to fully use this camera. My 7D has been passed on to my daughter who uses it with the joy I had when it first arrived. Some are critical of the price but I note that I recently found a copy of ...

Aavo Raig

I upgrade my Konika-Minolta 5D to Sony A700 about 20 month ago. This is very good camera and I live with Sony 1,4/50, Zeiss 3,5-4,5/16-80 and the external flach HLV-F42AM. All this is still very good equipment for amateurs, despite to announcement about 2 years ago. The only issue - the rubber zoom gripp on the Zeiss must be fixed again. There are last A700 cameras in shops. If somebody is seeking for new DSLR, A700 can be the best you can find with low cost now.

first i want to apologize if i am extremly over with my rating, but i have tried this camera on sony show room and i was amazed by it. the camera is amazing, the sutter speed is faster than you need, the clarity of the picture is outstanding, and last but not least its zooming is way strong... for me its a dream to get this camera with all its accesories, but i have the H2 with most of its accesories and thank God i am happy with its results... Problems: I can't afford it in the next 5 years...

lstevens

WOW. Outstanding camera. Recieved mine today & this is one hell of a camera. Brought with the 16-105 lens with 150 cashback on top. Nikon & Canon have a challange on there hands with this camera because the quality is fanatstic. Build,image & performance are the best yet!! Problems: None so far.