Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM

Announced Mar 3, 2009 •
Wideangle zoom lens | Canon EF, Nikon F (DX), Pentax KAF3, Sigma SA Bayonet, Sony/Minolta Alpha DT
Steve Burns

My copy of this wonderful Lens is a stunner,seems sharp from edge to edge,advice you,ve really got to try and use a polarizer on  to enhance the scene and wow.. However the 82mm filter does come at a cost,but WELL WORTH IT....

Linerider

Lens is fairly soft at the edges, especially wide open. It does get better stopped down. Centre sharpness is decent, but way below the older Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6. Colour and contrast are great. Far better than the old sigma. F3.5 is nice, but kind of useless when the images turn out so soft. Its also a lot bigger than the older Sigma. Build quality is excellent.

HowardChernin

Honestly there is not much say about this lens. It does what it does very well. It is well built, fast, silent, and produces incredibly detailed photos without much fuss. Flare is not so hot, nor is ghosting, but what do you expect from an ultra wide lens?

TimPix

This was always cited as being a better lens than its slower f4-5.6 sibling and with a correspondingly higher price tag, so it should. Therefore with much eagerness to get some true ultrawide-angle 'punch' into my D7000 photos, I was so disappointed when anything taken wider than f6.3 just looks slightly out of focus, stopped down further images still requires loads of Photoshop extra sharpening, which ups the image noise and loses colour saturation. They then had that awful false sharpness ...

Excellent quality across the range at full aperture, Fringes are kept to a minimum, low distortion and easily corrected. Lens hood + case included. Bought May 2012, and this lens is still always mounted on my 7D and rarely get's taken off. Problems: Case isn't needed as It's always on my 7D! (Not a problem of course)

rgnewell

In March 2012 I purchase a Canon 7D DSLR and a Sigma 10-20 mm f3.5 lens. Both have high review scores, but so far I am disappointed with the image quality of both and the 7D with my older Canon lenses. I have sent a CD with RAW images to Canon for review and comment, but have yet to hear back. I will comment further when I learn if this is as good as it gets.