Pentax K-x

Announced Sep 17, 2009 •
12 megapixels | 2.7 screen | APS-C sensor
marcopolo87

Great camera,cheap, smart, all features in one small DSLR . Good low loght photos, good sensitivity,high ISO- low noise, good shutter speed range, very powerful flash, sensor auto clean. Recommend.

I have had the KX for almost a year now and I can say after owning a Pentax 200d,this camera has it all!!! I love the High ISO/Low Noise pictures I am getting with it. The white "Stormtrooper" model I have,has people stopping me and wanting one :) Have not used the movie mode much but it's nice to know it;s there in a pinch t. Buying used lenses on Ebay at cheap prices at cheap prices make this camera a "no brainer"

prosumer 3

I replaced a swag of sony dslr''s with the first of a number of these units, i found it simple to use given i got a japanese instruction book with it not english, a short scroll though the screens and it was set up the way i wanted it and quickly as well. Image straight from the camera is better than anything i have shot previously except for images from kodak point and shoots for color [those great color engines they have]. Highly recommend k-x and will be buying a couple more as well. Problems:

Xentinus

good performance for its low price i love pentax and its AA batteries slrs and sharp excellent image qualitiy k-x can be perfect if it has weather sealing body the only problem is that i am waiting pentax s mirrorless and full frame dslrs using AA batteries :) Problems: i think noone can say anything with its price

ali_mes

I bought this camera last week. When I started using I impressed from IQ. It is great. It is very easy to use and it can take video with good quality. Problems: No problem yet.

MVP Photo

This is a terrific SLR particularly matched with the 2 lenses. Photos are crisp. Auto focus is fast. The 4.7 fps is great. Dpreview rates this camera right up there with the Nikon and Canon at a $200 savings. Works great with inexpensive rechargeable nimh AAs.

JoeDaBassPlayer

It is hard to fault this camera at its price. Build quality and image quality are terrific. This is a great high ISO camera. I prefer the K2000 at base ISO but above that, it is the Kx without a doubt. Handling is impeccable with a very fast and accurate AF. The only reason to get a more expensive camera is for the external controls. Problems: The default Bright Tone is a bit too much. Natural tone, +1 Fine Sharpness and -0.3 EV do the trick.

Wim Banink

After a few years of using a K10d ( my second Pentax) I found myself wondering why everybody is always talking about Canon ( far too commercial) and Nikon, we've found the best (Pentax) camera ever ! Compact, well priced, loaded with features and the best IQ except for FF camera's. get out there and start taking pictures ! BTW If you've found yourself loving pixelpeeping more than taking pictures ( what camera's actually are made for) you'll also enjoy this one ! Cheers