Pentax K-x

Announced Sep 17, 2009 •
12 megapixels | 2.7 screen | APS-C sensor
liukaitc

Great entry-level DSLR for the price. Seems the least expensive one that come with HD video recording at the market so far. I think review says the good things pretty much there. For normal people, it is a good enough. Problems: The only big problem is not knowing where u focus at in viewfinder. I got many where the focus is not where I want it to be..kind annoying. But I thinking skill and setting kind compensate it. The other thing is the screen resolution is low. In sunny day, still hard ...

Eduardo de Abreu

incredibly compact and powerful. Produces high quality photos even in harsh light conditions. Best camera under $ 1,000 without a doubt. I wish to continue with more advanced models to be launched by Pentax. Problems: There is always room for improvement, but nothing to discredit this amazing camera.

keysmith

Excellent, small, powerfull, value for money I bought this camera (the K-X) for my brother in law. I used it for a while and compared it with my canon 500d - 18-200 IS. Well it is small and sweet, well constructed, with powerfull AF, and a reliable noisy (more professional) shutter (my canon sounds like a toy). It has all the important features like ISO 6400, inbody stabilizer, ease of use, many shortcuts, and simple menu. It also has some more like fair HD video, inbody HDR, inbody lens ...

prosumer 3

I replaced a swag of sony dslr''s with the first of a number of these units, i found it simple to use given i got a japanese instruction book with it not english, a short scroll though the screens and it was set up the way i wanted it and quickly as well. Image straight from the camera is better than anything i have shot previously except for images from kodak point and shoots for color [those great color engines they have]. Highly recommend k-x and will be buying a couple more as well. Problems:

arvisa

The image quality is very good at low ISO. Pentax K-x is seriously challenging the D700 in terms of high ISO noise and dynamic range. With a much smaller body, a smaller sensor and a much smaller price Problems: no af point in wiefinder

dumitrescu

this is my fisrt dslr, and i was very impressed how easy got myself taking very nice pictures. Problems: I had some problems with 1.0 firmware, but 1.1 fixed them. Video mode with supplied lens (18-55, 50-200 dal) contains lot of noise unless you use some tips & tricks which can be found over the net.

Xentinus

good performance for its low price i love pentax and its AA batteries slrs and sharp excellent image qualitiy k-x can be perfect if it has weather sealing body the only problem is that i am waiting pentax s mirrorless and full frame dslrs using AA batteries :) Problems: i think noone can say anything with its price

ali_mes

I bought this camera last week. When I started using I impressed from IQ. It is great. It is very easy to use and it can take video with good quality. Problems: No problem yet.

martinpalatsi

I´m using it since january (2010) and it seems to be the best quality/price camera at market. With a price about 500€ you have: In body builded shake reduction. 12800 ISO Live View Dust removal (sensor cleaner system) HD Video Recorder A very longlife battery consumption using the last Firmware UPDATE (V1.01) http://www.pentax.jp/english/support/digital/k-x_s.html Problems: Tips and Tricks The camera has a battery performance trick. If you´re currently working and you go out of batteries, try ...

MVP Photo

This is a terrific SLR particularly matched with the 2 lenses. Photos are crisp. Auto focus is fast. The 4.7 fps is great. Dpreview rates this camera right up there with the Nikon and Canon at a $200 savings. Works great with inexpensive rechargeable nimh AAs.