Pentax K-7

Announced May 20, 2009 •
15 megapixels | 3 screen | APS-C sensor
Gevork

Much better than Canon 7D, for it's price winner. Problems: Hi ISO, long exposures

digiscan

People, lets send massages to PENTAX for chage ISO problems in this jewel camera.

estore

infoomatic

superb build quality and weather sealing, really cool digital filter and features, accurate auto-focus (which is has improved in speed and is now only marginally behind canon/nikon cameras of this level), very good image quality. I only shoot in RAW and I have worked with Canon 40D+50D and Nikon D200 + D300 + D300s: I can tell you that from the noise level these cameras are similar; but I prefer the Pentax way since there are more details and noise reduction can be adjusted by software - I ...

Anna Stevens

Outstanding Build Quality, better than any Canon or Nikon that I have had before. Easy to use, so many features and so compact as well. A really nice camera and at a bargain price. Paid £799.0 with lens and free battery. Problems: None

DPo

Ok...never heard of Pentax...always been Olympus or Canon guy...tried the Kx...yeah not so much...Then I decided to give the K7 a try...OMG am I the happiest fool on the planet! First, Olympus, Nikon, Cannon...weather resistance...for less than $1.2G.....maybe you could give us some..Thx! I'm not going to re-list the specs. I don't do a lot of low light shooting, but what I have done so far has been VERY low noise level. I was surprised! Quiet. This thing is SO QUIET! You almost thing its a ...

Simon CHEUNG

I've used this camera for a month. It's absolutely a user designed camera with very good image quality. You've to explore its capabilities and you'll love it. Problems: nil

faither

Forget bang-for-the-buck, the K-7 is the best non-FF sensor DSLR out there. When you factor in the legendary Pentax glass and built in SR, there is no comparable choice. If you haven't already purchased into another "system" you'd be silly to choose a different manufacturer. Even the old argument that FPS was too slow has been remedied in the K-7.

mnovikov

Very impressive performance in a compact body with excellent and intuitive ergonomics and every function, including multiple lines of customisation, I can think about. Autofocus is fast, sensitive, powerful (for the screw-driven lenses) and decisive, no hunting, no more missed pictures. Image quality is excellent. Even with Noise Reduction turned off it is excellent up to ISO 800 and usable all the way up to the 3200 and 6400. Worth every penny, esp considering the competition prices.

SpartanWarrior

After owning the Canon 350D to the 40D I made my move to Pentax K20D and really liked it better than the 40D, then after hearing about the release of the K7 I sold my K20D and bought the K7 and this is the camera to have much better than the K20D although IQ is the same but just it's features is more than worth it and the AWB walks all over the K20D, very happy;) Problems: NONE.