Pentax K-7

Announced May 20, 2009 •
15 megapixels | 3 screen | APS-C sensor
parisphoto

I have been the happy owner of a Pentax K100D Super, and the K20D. Both exellent cameras. But I have to say that the K-7 is a big step forward. First, its size and shape make it a very comfortable camera to use. It feels a solid, quality build. Then there is the 100% coverage view finder. I am so pleased not to have to guess how much of the scene will show up in the picture. The auto focus is much faster than the K20D. Photographing my active two year old is much easier. Color rendering is ...

MightyMike

This camera may be no better in IQ then the K20D which I also own however the features and specification improvements put the K20D to shame, Faster AF, Quieter shutter, faster shutter, brighter viewfinder, movie mode, better LV, more FPS, better WB, better metering, larger screen, longer lasting battery, smaller body, taller on board flash, AF assist light, built in HDR, lots of image controls for those who shoot jpeg and much much more.

sir_bazz

Only received my K7 yesterday but so far it's everything the K20D should've been. Great build, great feature set, great IQ. Ergos are very good but still looking to add the battery grip once it's available in order to further improve the handling. bazz.

betonic

Excellent camera. PENTAX all the way. Top quality. I'm so proud about Pentax. Problems: No problems.

Joe Ogiba

For Pentax users with K-mount lenses and a desire for built in HDR mode and HD video this is a dream camera. I have tested the HD video mode with my 15mm F2.8 Sigma, 50mm F1.4 FA, 85mm F1.4 and 28-300mm Tamron and they all were great. http://www.vimeo.com/5516451 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMMCewXHdGs&feature=channel